NOT AN OMEGA.

Chapter: 34
********

Malta loomed over Dirk, a sinister smile curling on his lips as he gazed down at the weakened man on the floor. Dirk's breath came in ragged gasps, his body trembling from the overwhelming assault of pheromones deliberately unleashed upon him. Amidst his defiance, a flicker of vulnerability shone in Dirk's eyes, revealing the toll the situation had taken on him.

"You thought you could hide, didn't you, weak Omega?" Malta sneered, his voice dripping with disdain. "But you cannot escape your nature. The pull of your desires, your need for a dominant Alpha like me, is irresistible. I will torment you until you're crawling to find me, begging for my touch. I will make your life become a living hell."

As Malta continued his taunts, his threats hung heavy in the air. The overpowering scent of domination mixed with Dirk's own pheromones, rendering him powerless to resist. Dirk found himself immobile, disoriented and lost in the midst of it all. The Alpha standing above him had seized control of his mind and body, but it wasn't only Malta who held him captive.

Both Malta and his inner wolf had taken control, each asserting dominance over different aspects of Dirk's being. Weakness consumed his trembling body. A whimper escaped his lips, quickly stifled as he fought to withstand the Alpha's assault. But resistance proved futile. No matter how desperately he struggled against their influence, regardless of the screams of desperation that threatened to break free, all his efforts proved in vain. Victory was unattainable; their takeover was unstoppable.

His once defiant spirit wilted, transforming him into nothing more than an obedient Omega, willing to do their bidding. Every fiber of his being yearned to submit. With his head bowed low, he felt his strength wane.

In response to Dirk's display of vulnerability, a malevolent smirk twisted across Malta's lips. He leaned closer, his hand caressing Dirk's cheek. "Ah, the pathetic little Omega," he purred sadistically. "So weak and eager for my touch. If you weren't such a pitiful Omega, I might have claimed you already." Malta's voice dripped with contempt. "You exist solely to please Alphas, a mindless creature devoid of purpose."

No matter how fiercely Dirk fought, Malta's grip remained unyielding. "How pitiful," the Alpha continued, his voice growing more intense. "You cannot fight an Alpha, so cease your struggles!" The sound of a harsh slap reverberated through the hallway as Dirk's head snapped back. But Malta grasped his chin firmly, forcing him to meet his gaze. Meanwhile, the Alpha's grip on Dirk's neck tightened, bruising Dirk's flesh with his claws, leaving no room for negotiation. "You belong to me, and I will relish every moment of your enslavement." With that, Malta released him, stepping back and allowing a satisfied expression to settle upon his face.

Dirk collapsed forward, panting heavily and drenched in sweat from both fear and exertion. His eyes remained locked on the Alpha as he lay helplessly on the floor, feeling utterly defeated yet determined not to surrender. He stared, struggling to comprehend the events that had unfolded. Gathering his strength, he attempted to rise, striving to regain some semblance of control, his breaths coming in rapid bursts.

His head spun, agony pulsating through his skull, intensifying the already throbbing ache. It took several minutes for his vision to clear, and finally, he managed to utter his first words since Malta's arrival. "I am not an Omega!" he muttered, gritting his teeth, refusing to give his enemy any further satisfaction. Though he felt the weight of his own vulnerability, he fought against it. Knowing full well that he sounded utterly pathetic, made him feel so ashamed. As if he was just another pathetic little Omega lying in front of his abuser.

"What was that, Omega?" Malta mocked. "Speak up."

Glaring defiantly at the Alpha, Dirk summoned his remaining courage. "I am Dirk Fairpride! And I will never submit to the likes of you!" he challenged, striving to maintain control, even as he knew deep down that the battle was slipping from his grasp. He knew this and so did Malta.

"Feisty," Malta taunted, licking his lips. "Perfect, just how I like them." With those words, he stepped closer once again. Suddenly, the door to the home office swung open, and Malta disappeared without a trace.

Well, that explains how Malta managed to enter the house undetected. The only way to prevent his future entry would be to cast a powerful shield spell around the premises, capable of repelling any intruders. Bogo was wrong, Malta was not just an ordinary Alpha—his abilities were far greater than anticipated. The severity of the situation began to dawn on Dirk, and he understood the depth of trouble he was in.

The thought of willingly giving himself to that man repulsed him beyond words. How could he face his mates now? First, he had rejected them and run away, and now he had shamelessly submitted to an obsessive Alpha who had imprinted his scent upon him, body and soul. How could he escape this nightmarish situation when he had walked right into it?

Bogo rushed to Dirk's side, concern etched on his face. He helped the weakened Boss stand, his voice filled with worry. "Boss, what happened? Why were you lying on the floor? And why are you breathing so heavily? You're burning up!"

Dirk's body trembled, his pride urging him to push through the pain. Summoning his strength, he put on a facade, dismissing Bogo's concerns with a wave of his hand. "I'm fine, Bogo. It was just a momentary weakness."

"Are you sure? Should I call Dr. Naam?" Bogo asked, his worry persisting.

"There's no need to contact Dr. Naam. Let's proceed with the meeting," Dirk dismissed once again. Unbeknownst to him, this was the second time he had refused to see the doctor. If he had sought her assistance when he felt that sudden burn in the elevator, instead of going straight to Dante Klien and subsequently attending the event at Dodgeborough, perhaps he could have avoided the encounter with Malta. But he had insisted on refusing to see Naam, and now, once again, he rejected her assistance, choosing to prioritize the meeting over his own well-being.

As Dirk entered the room, Bogo remained behind. He sniffed the air in the hallway, immediately recognizing the lingering scent from the restroom during the event four days ago. Concern flooded Bogo's mind as he wondered who the pheromones belonged to and, more importantly, how they had infiltrated the Boss's house. Bogo knew he needed to act swiftly and independently. If Dirk wasn't willing to confide in him about what was happening, then Bogo had to conduct his own investigation. After all, he was the chief bodyguard, and Dirk's safety was his utmost priority. Although he knew he shouldn't meddle unless the Boss requested his assistance, Bogo couldn't feign ignorance any longer.

Something was undeniably amiss with their Boss, involving this mysterious individual, and Bogo was determined to uncover the truth. Once he ensured Dirk was safely within the confines of the office, Bogo ordered the deployment of pheromone repellent sprays throughout the house, ensuring that no scent or pheromone would escape undetected. He stationed guards by the office doors and a few more outside Dirk's bedroom.

After his orders were carried out, Bogo made his way to the underground floor. He needed to review the surveillance footage and, while doing so, contact Dr. Naam for assistance.