ABANDONED.

Chapter: 65
*******

Restlessness consumed him as he paced his private room, fully aware of the chaos unfolding in his territory. The Lycgers were decimating his men, yet fear immobilized him, preventing him from confronting them. He acknowledged his lack of strength to engage in a battle against such formidable foes. His only recourse was to eliminate Dirk, absorbing his powers to bolster his own and be capable of facing any shifter. Malta halted his pacing at the growing howls and snarls of vampires, the sounds intensifying. The overwhelming odors of blood, death, and decay invaded the air, causing his stomach to churn and nearly buckle his knees. He urgently needed reinforcements, and he knew precisely whom to contact.

In a sudden blaze of light, his private door flung open, revealing his father standing before him, his eyes piercing with the familiar disdain that always belittled him. Each contemptuous glance from his father reinforced his insecurities, fueling his desire to prove himself worthy and dispel the notion of his weakness. However, the reality of the moment only seemed to confirm his father's low opinion of him.

"Father," he addressed, his voice betraying a trace of vulnerability. "Forgive my abrupt summons and the short notice."

Maurice's expression hardened, his furrowed brow silently questioning, "Why am I here?" The disdain in his tone underscored his reluctance to be in his son's presence.

Despite the shattering thoughts that assailed him, he maintained a facade of composure, seeking assistance from his father in a moment of dire need. "Father, please, my territory is besieged. I implore you to deploy some of your warriors to repel the Lycgers' attack," he beseeched, dropping to his knees in a gesture of desperation to convey the urgency of his plea. "I beg of you, Father. I cannot do this alone."

His father's piercing gaze bore into him, a silent standoff unfolding between them. After a tense pause, a dismissive wave of the hand and a scornful declaration shattered any hope he held. "I am ashamed to have you as my son!" Maurice's voice resonated with contempt as he turned away, disowning him with scathing words. The King's anger simmered, his pacing filled with fury as accusations and disappointment poured forth. "Your actions dishonor my name, and your intentions to seize power through treachery and deceit are despicable!" Maurice's countenance darkened at the sight of his son's frail appearance.

With a sneer, he continued his tirade, condemning his son's deeds with escalating rage. "You bring shame upon us all, tarnishing our legacy with your vile acts. I had hoped for redemption, but you remain unchanged, a wretched creature driven by dark ambitions!" The King's voice thundered with disgust and rage, his face flushed with fury.

"From this day forth, you are no longer my son! You alone bear the consequences of your malevolent actions, which have sown discord and tragedy among our kin and allies," Maurice declared, his words laced with contempt as he denounced his son's role in the ensuing chaos.

The man strode past Malta, who remained on his knees, making his way to the door with purpose. "Excuse me, I must convene a meeting with fellow Kings to address the turmoil caused by your insatiable greed. It is imperative that they understand our innocence in this madness," he asserted, opening the door to reveal a shimmering portal. Casting a final disdainful glance at Malta, he delivered a cutting revelation. "Tricc now holds the title of Alpha of Alphas, with centuries worth of abilities. Had you been better informed, you would have realized your futile endeavors, particularly against Tricc." With those parting words, he stepped through the portal, disappearing.