A DEMIGOD AND A BIRTH OMEGA.

Chapter: 57
******

The Lycgers were starting to grow impatient as they waited for Dr. Naam to finish the surgery. She had hurried out an hour ago to inform them that Dirk would undergo emergency surgery. Once they wheeled him into the operating theatre, Dr. Naam has not been seen for two hours.

The doctor had been engrossed in work, failing to spare a moment to explain the details of Dirk's condition. Despite understanding the situation, the Lycgers' patience was wearing thin. They yearned for answers and, above all, to see their mate.

Kurt heaved a long sigh, nervously running a hand through his hair, his eyes shifting between the theatre doors and his brothers. "I can't bear this any longer..." he lamented. "Why is it taking so long?"

"Just remain patient," Seth reassured him, giving Kurt's shoulder a comforting squeeze.

Kurt exhaled deeply. "I know I'm being unreasonable, but—"

"It's okay!" a soft female voice interrupted, surprising the brothers. Dr. Naam was approaching them. "Please, follow me to my office. We need to talk," she said, before proceeding down the corridor.

The brothers exchanged concerned glances and simultaneously asked, "What about Dirk? Shouldn't we see him first?"

Dr. Naam let out an exasperated sigh, briefly pausing and turning to face them sternly. "I understand your eagerness to see your mate, but there are crucial details you need to know before meeting him," she explained, noticing the worry on the Lycgers' faces. "It's vital that you are fully informed. Now, please, follow me," she said, before turning and walking down the hallway.

Kurt let out a frustrated sigh, "She's driving me crazy," he muttered to his brothers. Seth clasped his shoulder once again, and no other words were spoken until they reached Dr. Naam's office.

Dr. Naam used her key card to unlock the door, which beeped twice before she pushed it open, revealing the organized space inside. The first thing that caught their attention was the numerous bookshelves lining the far wall. A wide glass window provided a stunning view of the full Moon. The office was meticulously arranged, with shelves displaying medicine bottles and tools in neat order.

She gestured for them to enter, directing them to sit on the small couches while she settled into the chair behind her desk. Dr. Naam turned on the computer, logging into Dirk's medical file.

The siblings sat quietly as Dr. Naam scanned the computer screen, swiftly reviewing the file details. She appeared unperturbed by the silence, her brow furrowed in deep concentration as she typed rapidly on the keyboard, not once glancing up from her work.

Finally, after a few minutes, she spoke softly, "Alright, there is significant information here." She paused, carefully choosing her words. "I had warned him the last time this occurred. I informed him about the dire consequences of exposing himself to Malta's pheromones. Despite Dirk's assurance that he wouldn't repeat the mistake, it seems that, due to prolonged exposure to the pheromones and the surgery, the likelihood of him conceiving has dropped to less than 30%. This is contingent on his survival in the next 24 days, as his body is currently not healing properly." Dr. Naam's revelation left them stunned, struggling to process the news.

The sound of paper shuffling caught their attention before Dr. Naam turned towards them. "Would either of you like a copy of the file? It might help you understand better if you read through it yourselves," she offered gently.

The brothers exchanged glances, their hesitation palpable. Fueled by anger and deep fury towards the Alpha responsible for their mate's suffering, the Lycgers harbored an intense desire to see Malta dead, their hands the instrument of his demise. However, thoughts of Malta were set aside for the moment; understanding their mate's condition was now paramount.