ANDREW'S DESIRES.

Chapter: 54
******

*****
A Few Hours Before Bane's Call.
*****

Seth sat in his private office, dark lines etched beneath his eyes, reflecting nights of restless sleep. Stress weighed on him as he just finished a call with Andrew, detecting both distraught and tears in Andrew's voice. Unable to bear Andrew's distress, Seth urged him to return home and wait for his arrival.

Since revealing his true mate to Andrew, Seth had received unwavering support and understanding. Even after Andrew left Seth's house to facilitate Seth's bond with his mate, their friendship flourished. Seth had always considered Andrew to be too good for him, their past romance adding a layer of complexity. Andrew's compassionate response to Seth's confession deepened Seth's respect for him, solidifying their enduring friendship.

Andrew's tearful call shattered Seth as he realized Andrew's reluctance to confide in others. Understanding the depth of Andrew's trust in him, Seth resolved to support his friend. Turning away from his phone, Seth strode out of his office into the main room, adorned with opulent Italian décor, interrupted by the presence of men kneeling before him.

Displeased by the interruption, Seth settled at the head of the mahogany table, his unwavering gaze fixed on his subordinates, radiating authority through the tense air. Each word he spoke sliced through the silence, commanding attention and respect.

******

"Back to you filthy mongrels..." He began with a reprimanding tone, "You have been failing in your responsibilities. How could I have placed my trust in such an incompetent individual to lead me straight? Yet, I did so, and what did you do? You lost me." He spoke with a fierce edge, "Vincent, Carlo, Dominic," Seth's voice was measured, yet it carried a gravity that made the men shift uncomfortably on their knees. "You have disappointed me. Intruders from the West are encroaching upon our territories, peddling narcotics on our streets, tarnishing our reputation. This is intolerable."

His eyes blazed with intensity as he continued, his voice escalating with each declaration. "I built this empire from the ground up. I shed blood, broke bones, and made sacrifices to secure our supremacy. And now, these outsiders believe they can challenge that? And why? Because you fools allowed it!" The final words dripped with contempt. "Our sole recourse is to demonstrate our prowess through force, and the initial stride in achieving that will be their elimination!"

Vincent, Carlo, and Dominic exchanged uneasy glances, their faces drained under the harsh illumination of the overhead lights. They comprehended the ramifications of disappointing the Don - a fate more severe than death awaited those who defied him.

Seth reclined in his chair, a perilous serenity enveloping him. "If you cannot safeguard what belongs to me if you permit these intruders to persist in undermining our dominance, you will face the repercussions. And mark my words, gentlemen, you do not wish to find yourselves in dire straits." His voice turned icy and lethal once more.

Vincent, the eldest of the capos, cleared his throat nervously, beads of sweat forming on his brow. "Don, we... We apologize for our ineptitude. We pledge to take all necessary measures to rectify our errors and regain your confidence." Vincent attempted a smile, seeking to alleviate some of their boss's anger. However, it failed to make an impact.

Carlo, the youngest of the trio, spoke up, his voice barely audible. "Please, Don, grant us another opportunity. We will demonstrate to these outsiders that this territory is ours, that they cannot disrespect us." As he uttered these words, he shot a menacing glance at Dominic, who quivered and bit down hard on his lower lip. His entire frame trembled.