GAME OVER.

Chapter: 33
********

Dirk closed his eyes, realizing the man's name— the one who had violated him in the bathroom and now held his secrets. His mind raced, contemplating his next move. One thing was certain: Malta must not be allowed to live. However, Dirk couldn't kill him himself. Confronting Malta again would be dangerous and foolish. So, he needed to entrust someone else with the task. But who could he rely on with these secrets? Bogo seemed capable, but he already knew too much, and Dirk hesitated to expose him to further danger, at least for now.

"Doctor Naam?" Dirk called, causing Naam to stand straighter and face him. "How can I control my pheromones?" he inquired.

"You can't. I've observed you for the past four days. It's beyond your control. I suggest taking a leave during your Heat cycle to remain hidden until it passes. It lasts only four days. Keep track of the dates to avoid forgetting. Also, quit using the cigarettes. Continued use will disrupt your cycle, leading to inconsistent Heat dates. You won't be able to monitor your cycles or anticipate when your Heat will occur. Lay off the cigarettes for good," Naam advised.

Dirk nodded, attempting a smile that failed to materialize. He had become reliant on those special cigarettes over the years, making it challenging to quit. His life was rapidly crumbling before him, and he felt powerless. He had always been in control, leading the Family as the Don, ensuring everyone remained obedient and respectful. But what would happen if his secret of not being a dominant Alpha were exposed? No one would dare challenge him openly, but those who already knew his vulnerability posed a significant threat. Now, more than ever, he needed to exercise extreme caution.

Perhaps it was time to seek solace in his mates. He was losing control, and so was his Lion within. He needed stability for himself and his Lion to avoid endangering them both.

And what better source of stability than being surrounded by the Triplets, the double-shifters the Goddess had Fated him to be with?

"Prepare the cars for departure. I have work to attend to," Dirk ordered Bogo, turning to face their expectant gazes. His expression cleared, concealing the fact that he had just shed tears in secret moments ago. He donned his jacket and proceeded to leave the room with Bogo.

"Please, be careful," Naam called out, causing Dirk to pause, turn around, and nod briefly. Without saying a word, he exited the room.

Once Dirk reached his car and settled into the seat, he leaned back and let out a deep exhale.

Help me.

His Lion cried for their Lycgers.

**********

Dirk trudged through the front door, exhaustion etched on his face. His body ached from the weight of the day's burdens. Seeking solace in the confines of his home, he made a beeline for the bathroom, the sanctuary where he could cleanse himself of the shadows that clung to his skin. He scrubbed vigorously as if trying to wash away not just the physical grime, but also the memories that haunted him.

Emerging from the bathroom, Dirk descended the staircase, the scent of anticipation lingering in the air. In the dining room, the table stood adorned with elegance, bearing his favorite meal. The aroma of freshly cooked delicacies wafted through the room, enticing his senses. Dirk sank into the plush dining chair, his exhaustion mingling with a sense of unease. Bogo stood nearby, attentive yet cautious, ready to serve not only the food but also his steadfast loyalty.

As Dirk took a bite of the carefully prepared meal, he couldn't help but let his thoughts wander to the enemies lurking within his own family. With each bite, flavors danced upon his palate, momentarily distracting him from the weight of his responsibilities. As he savored the meal, Bogo's voice filled the silence, recounting the events that had unfolded during Dirk's four-day slumber. The revelations hit him like a series of body blows, each one threatening to knock him off balance. The knowledge of enemies within his own family fueled a fire within him—a fire that fueled his desire to eliminate these threats before they could strike.