𝕮⃟Hapter 2

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2: PLACING AN ADVERTISEMENT

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:Managing a Divine Beast Kindergarten in the Immortal Realm
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:妄三秋

𝗘𝗔 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

° ° °

As the sky began to brighten, Yun Zhao gasped for breath and opened his eyes. He felt a tightness in his chest and, upon lowering his head, he noticed the little dragon curled up on his chest, soundly asleep. The silver scales glistened with a gentle radiance in the soft morning light.

No wonder he had been struggling to breathe in his sleep.

Yun Zhao couldn't resist reaching out and gently touching the dragon's head. In an instant, the little dragon raised its head, flicking its tail across Yun Zhao's face.

"Ah..." Yun Zhao yelped in pain.

Ao Yu gave him a stern glare, as if to say it served him right.

The dragon got up and hopped onto the plush pillow, giving it a few taps to create a comfortable groove before curling up again.

Regretfully, Ao Yu covered his head with his tail. The young man's body was infused with spiritual energy, making him exceptionally content. That was how he ended up sleeping on him.

Yun Zhao sighed and decided to leave behind the incident from the previous night. He pushed open the door, and a slight chill in the air sent shivers down his spine.

He rubbed his stomach, longing for something warm to eat!

The buildings within the Yuming Mountains were tranquil. Yun Zhao strolled along the corridor, pushing open the doors of adjacent rooms until he finally reached the kitchen.

Inside, several bags of flour and a water jar with a few small fish swimming inside caught his attention. Apart from that, there was nothing else.

Yun Zhao remained unperturbed as he still had some seasonings in his storage bag, enough to sustain him for a while.

He scooped a bowl of flour, added water to make dough, and kneaded it into a ball before placing it upside down in a wooden basin to allow it to rise.

Then he caught two fish and deftly cleaned them with a knife, frying them in a pan with sizzling hot oil.

Once both sides of the fish turned golden and a mouthwatering aroma filled the air, he poured a bowl of water into the pan.

With a sizzle, the water quickly boiled again, transforming into a thick, creamy white fish soup.

Yun Zhao cooked the risen dough into thin strips, boiling them until tender. He then poured the prepared fish soup over them, and a white mist billowed from the bowl. The dish was incredibly fresh and aromatic.

Cradling the bowl in his hands, Yun Zhao sipped the fish soup noodles, when he heard a pleasant voice behind him.

"It's still early. Why not get a little more sleep?"

Yun Zhao hastily swallowed the noodles, turning to find a person standing beneath the eaves at the entrance.

Wearing a white robe, Bai Ze, the person who had conducted the ceremony the previous day, approached and initiated the conversation. "I am Bai Ze, a friend of Ao Yu."

Yun Zhao nodded in greeting as Bai Ze walked into the kitchen and stood by the stove for a while. Then he glanced at the bowl in Yun Zhao's hands and said, "It looks so delicious."

Yun Zhao found Bai Ze's eyes unsettlingly bright, resembling the way his former colleagues used to stare at his lunchbox during lunch breaks. Bai Ze even uttered a familiar phrase, "Can I have a taste?"