𝕮⃟Hapter 67

⟣•67•⟢
: SPORTS FESTIVAL

• • •
After sharing the delicious fat bird with his companions, Yunzhao patted his belly with a satisfied expression and headed home.

In the courtyard, Bai Ze held a few notices and said, "Kongming and Xiaguang sent a message, saying that they will visit the mountain in a few days to see the divine beasts. Baiyu and the others will also come."

Upon hearing this, Yunzhao naturally felt happy. He looked around at the cubs lying on the blanket and suddenly proposed, "Well then, why not hold a sports festival?"

Wu Mu raised his eyes in confusion. What on earth was a sports festival?

When Ao Yu returned, Yunzhao approached him and explained his plan. Without much thought, Ao Yu readily agreed.

Bai Ze lay on the rocking chair and frowned. Just because Yunzhao suggested having a divine celebration, this guy could immediately go to the higher realm and bring all those deities here if needed.

Yunzhao wasted no time. The next day, they found an open space halfway up the mountain and the rabbits set up a makeshift platform. The rabbits busily arranged ribbons, and their round fluffy tails quivered with excitement behind them.

Luo Xue rubbed against his older brother and curiously asked, "What's a sports festival?"

One of Wu Mu's ears flicked backward as he recalled, "Yunzhao said it's some kind of competition and wants us to participate."

Upon hearing that it was a competition, Le Huang immediately perked up and said, "Then I must be the champion!"

As he spoke, he proudly spread open his tail feathers and then let them fall, casting a golden glow over Wu Mu.

Wu Mu shook his head helplessly, "Come on, it's a sports competition, not a beauty pageant!"

"Oh?" Le Huang raised his head, excitement shining in his eyes. He coughed lightly and said, "If you want to compliment my beauty, there's no need to beat around the bush."

"..." Wu Mu was speechless. He covered his eyes with his paw. Was this phoenix crazy?

...

When Kongming and the others arrived at the mountain, they saw the festive atmosphere with lanterns and decorations everywhere. After contemplating for a moment, Kongming tentatively asked, "Um... Is there another feast being held?"

"Yunzhao, you better come and explain before you scare the guests away."

Xiaguang watched him carefully sizing up his surroundings and sniffing the wine glass on the table. She couldn't help but cover her mouth and laugh.

"It's organized for the divine beasts, but it's also a way to divert their attention from playing around and wreaking havoc in the house," Yunzhao explained.

Yunzhao received a special gift of spiritual herbs from Baiyu and led them towards the halfway point up the mountain, noticing the apprehensive look on Kongming's face reminiscent of a feast-related PTSD.

Baiyu was curious, "Are they really so eager to participate?"

Yunzhao nodded, "Very eager. Probably because they really like the prizes I've prepared for them."

This piqued Kongming's interest, "What kind of prizes?"

He wondered whether it was spiritually abundant herbs that aided cultivation, splendid and precious gemstones, or exotic and delicious demon beast meat.

Kongming didn't know about the other divine beasts, but he was certain that without generous prizes, Wu Mu would not obediently participate in any competition.