𝕮⃟Hapter 26

»𝐶⃪26«
: SEEKING TREASURES IN THE SU YU VALLEY

• • •
Yun Zhao reluctantly scooped up a spoonful of the dish and bravely took a small bite. The overwhelming smell of seafood assaulted his senses, making it impossible to swallow.

Ao Yu noticed the pained expression on his face and furrowed his brow.

He took a spoonful himself, but within a second, he expressionlessly spat it back into the empty bowl.

"Don't eat it, spit it out," he said.

The cold rim of the bowl touched his lips as Yun Zhao looked up and saw Ao Yu presenting the empty bowl to him.

After Yun Zhao spat out the food, he poured a cup of tea to cleanse his palate and tentatively asked, "Is this... seafood porridge? Did you make it?"

Ao Yu stuffed the bowl into the arms of the little black rabbit squatting on the ground and denied in a flat tone, "No. It was made by the rabbit."

The little black rabbit widened its eyes in disbelief, waving its furry paw as if to say, "Do you want to hear what I have to say?"

Ao Yu stood up, avoiding Yun Zhao's gaze, and abruptly changed the subject, saying, "You wanted to go to the Su Yu Valley, right? Are you still going?"

"Yes, I am," Yun Zhao replied without further inquiry. He rubbed the little black rabbit's head and followed Ao Yu out.

The morning mountain breeze carried a moist mist as the flowing water trickled between smooth black stones, splashing droplets that shimmered like fragments of glass and jade, exuding a chilly clarity.

Ao Yu led him to the front gate. Just as Yun Zhao was about to call for the spirit horse, a sudden chilling wind rustled through the forest, enveloping the two.

Their robes flapped loudly, and Yun Zhao couldn't help but raise his arm to shield his eyes.

With a clear and melodious dragon's roar, a hundred birds took flight. The wind gradually ceased, and tranquility returned to the mountains.

Yun Zhao lowered his arm in astonishment. Before him stood a silver-white dragon, its spine covered in silky feathers that shimmered like jade.

The scales glistened in the sunlight, resembling gemstones that had been hidden away for a long time, and Yun Zhao felt the icy touch around his waist as the dragon's tail securely coiled around him, placing him firmly on its back.

"Hold on," Ao Yu instructed, casually swaying his tail as they took to the sky.

The jade-like scales sent a cool sensation through his clothes. Unable to resist, Yun Zhao reached out and touched them, glancing at Ao Yu to gauge his reaction. Seeing that Ao Yu didn't object, he secretly extended his hand and continued to explore.

A hint of amusement seemed to flicker in the pale golden eyes of the dragon as it swayed its tail, soaring higher and causing the young man on its back to exclaim in surprise and cling tightly to its feathers.

Perhaps considering Yun Zhao's delicate physique, there seemed to be a mist enveloping them, shielding them from the cold air above, leaving only a gentle breeze caressing their faces.

Through the thin fog, Yun Zhao saw the familiar Yuming Mountain gradually shrinking and receding behind them.

He leaned over and looked down, observing as the palaces and buildings, as well as the villages and markets, transformed into twinkling stars, until they were completely engulfed by the mist.

Birds and cranes seemed to call out, making way for the soaring divine being and following behind them, as if welcoming a guest from afar.

Yun Zhao barely had time to marvel at the rare sight of the sea of clouds when Ao Yu began to descend, bending forward and passing through the layers of clouds, heading in a specific direction.