𝕮⃟Hapter 54

»𝐶⃪54«
: SOUP

• • •
Yun Zhao brought Le Huang to the mountain spring and used a handkerchief to clean him before carrying him back to the courtyard. Le Huang, perhaps due to the impact of eliminating waste, remained silent throughout the journey.

Even when Yun Zhao took Le Huang back to the small nest he despised, he did not hear any refusal from him. As soon as the latter entered the nest, he tucked his head under his wings. His posterior was burning with pain, as if he had stuffed it with chili sauce.

Yun Zhao used a cloth soaked in cold spring water to wipe Le Huang, alleviating much of the uncomfortable pain. However... Le Huang felt mentally struck by lightning.

Le Huang closed his eyes in distress, thinking that Yun Zhao must find him disgusting!

Lost in these random thoughts, Le Huang gradually fell asleep after being tossed around all night. Yun Zhao looked at the chubby little bird breathing steadily and couldn't help but chuckle.

The once noisy courtyard returned to tranquility, and Le Huang slept soundly in the latter half of the night. When he woke up, he found a soft little blanket covering him.

The fabric was silky, with an elegant pattern resembling delicate bamboo leaves, as if it had been twisted off a piece of clothing.

Le Huang blinked and turned his head, only to see a person sleeping next to the nest. Yun Zhao had brought over a soft mat and wrapped himself casually in a blanket. His brows were furrowed, and he didn't sleep peacefully.

Le Huang quietly observed for a while, feeling a hint of bitterness welling up in his heart. He had been capricious and picky, causing someone to stay up all night for him. The more Le Huang thought about it, the sadder he became. He lowered his head in front of his chest feathers and awkwardly curled up into a ball.

When Yun Zhao woke up, there were only a few kitten cubs still playing and frolicking in the dormitory. He rubbed his sore neck and sat up.

Worried about Le Huang in the latter half of the night, he came to the dormitory intending to stay awake all night, but unexpectedly fell asleep.

Yun Zhao looked into Le Huang's nest, only to find it empty. Surprised, he asked, "Where's Le Huang?"

Wu Mu opened his mouth and yawned, replying, "He went to bathe by the mountain spring!"

Yun Zhao nodded with a stunned expression, marveling at how the phoenix truly was a creature that loved cleanliness. He didn't plan on lingering in bed and lifted the blanket, standing up. A beautiful tail feather floated down from between the blankets.

"What is this..." Yun Zhao bent down to pick it up. The reddish-gold feather was splendid and slender, with agile fine feathers that shimmered like flames. It was adorned with scattered golden patterns that shimmered like fireflies when shaken.

The system explained, [Le Huang plucked it and gave it to you. His satisfaction level has reached 50%.]

Yun Zhao was surprised and immediately headed towards the mountain spring with the feather in hand.

By the mountain spring, the reddish-golden little phoenix was rinsing off the dust from the previous night in the splashing water, carefully cleaning the fine sand from its claws and basking in the sun between the rocks.

Hearing footsteps behind him, Le Huang was startled. He anxiously spun in place and quickly stood tall facing the direction of the sunrise. When Yun Zhao approached, he saw a beautiful bird cub standing amidst the rugged rocks, bathed in the rising sun's golden glow.