⟣•𝗘𝗡𝗗•⟢

⟣•77•⟢
: THE FOUR SEASONS IN THE YUMING MOUNTAIN

• • •
The wind and snow calmed down overnight, and the horizon was adorned with delicate crimson hues, like thin silk. Majestic vitality covered the chaotic flowers and leaves, as well as the toppled mountain peaks and ranges.

Flower Goddess and Bai Ze led a group of people to patrol the surroundings and appease the other spirit beasts that resided here. Bai Yu looked at the damaged buildings and palaces with some regret, sighing.

"What's there to sigh about? It's just a few rooms that got smashed. It's a good opportunity to rebuild them," said Lady Xianyue with a smile as she approached him. Her assistant, Chang Xiao, was already skillfully flipping through a notebook, jotting down notes and sketches of the required materials.

After a night of fierce battles and the mental exhaustion from entering the illusion, Yun Zhao leaned against Ao Yu's shoulder, muttering a few random sentences before falling into a deep sleep.

Ao Yu chuckled and affectionately stroked the young man's head before carrying him horizontally to find a relatively clean room to settle him in.

Clearly exhausted, Yun Zhao reflexively wrapped himself in the blanket as soon as he touched the bed, not even bothering to take off his dusty robe.

Amused, Ao Yu used a handkerchief to wipe the dust off Yun Zhao's face and then sat by the bedside, watching him for a while until Bai Ze came to the door and called him, prompting him to leave.

Yun Zhao slept unusually soundly, as if the burden in his heart had finally been lifted, and his body was healing itself while he slept.

When he woke up, he felt a considerable weight on him, especially the warm sensation on top of his head, as if someone had placed a hot water bag there.

"Um..."

Opening his eyes, Yun Zhao found various small and large furry bundles pressed around him, tightening the blanket, essentially physically sealing him on the bed.

He laboriously pulled out a hand and pushed away the warm, fuzzy mass on his head. The soft, warm belly covered his head, making him feel overheated.

"Meow..."

Wu Mu held Yun Zhao's head in a crescent moon shape, and after being pushed and rubbed a few times, it grumbled discontentedly. It stretched out its lazy body, then covered its eyes with its front paws and buried its head in the nape of Yun Zhao's neck.

Yun Zhao: "..."

It's so hot…

Still lying at the edge, Sun Yang noticed that Yun Zhao had already woken up. He immediately excitedly propped himself up and gestured to the other little companions to make room.

Luo Xue gently patted Yun Zhao's face with its tender paw, making cute meowing sounds, and affectionately rubbed against his chest, occasionally emitting contented purrs.

"Alright, alright. I don't know how long I've been sleeping. I should get up and take a look," Yun Zhao said as he sat up, letting the two cat cubs hang on him like ornaments. After a brief tidying up, he changed into a clean set of clothes hanging on the screen before pushing open the room door.

The sky was gradually darkening, with only half of the sun's halo remaining on the mountaintop. The immortal beings who came to help with the battle had not left; they were busy using spells within the mountains.

When Lady Xianyue saw Yun Zhao approaching, she smiled and said, "Why don't you take a rest for a while?"

Yun Zhao replied apologetically, "There are many things to attend to after the battle. I need to come out and help."