𝕮⃟Hapter 16

»𝐶⃪16«
: FINDING PEACE WITHIN

• • •
Chang Xiao awkwardly wiped his nose and said, "I'm sorry."

Yun Zhao lowered his gaze and saw the puppy burying its head in its belly. A warm, moist sensation radiated from the back of his hand, instantly tugging at his heartstrings.

He never expected that the puppy had been abandoned by its family.

He embraced the little dog in his arms and nuzzled his chin against its dry, yellowed fur, saying, "So your name is Sun yang, a very nice name!"

Sun Yang's ears twitched, and he instinctively licked his damp, shiny black nose. He wanted to speak but didn't know what to say, so he could only make whimpering sounds.

Watching Yun Zhao soothingly stroke the dog's back as if caring for a sensitive newborn cub, Chang Xiao couldn't help but ask out of curiosity, "Do you plan to keep him?"

Sun Yang paused, his drooping ears trembling even more intensely. He was afraid to hear a negative answer, yet his heart held a hidden glimmer of hope.

Yun Zhao replied, "Of course!"

Sun Yang looked up in disbelief, his eyes widening.

Yun Zhao pressed his forehead against Sun Yang's, locking eyes with his amber-colored gaze. "Unless one day he wants to leave on his own, he should stay here and I will take good care of him."

Sun Yang looked up at the fair and handsome jawline of the young man. His vision blurred by the welling tears, moistening the fur around his eyes, and his suspended heart finally found its place of tranquility.

Chang Xiao no longer said anything either. He disapproved of the excessive worship of power within the spirit wolf clan, so it was a good choice for this spirit dog to find a better place.

After some small talk, Ah Yan called out Chang Xiao's name from the doorway, "Brother Chang Xiao! The bread is ready!"

Chang Xiao responded and turned to bid farewell to Yun Zhao. Before leaving, he deeply bowed and cupped his hands toward Ao Yu's direction.

Yun Zhao looked at Ao Yu thoughtfully and said, "Chang Xiao is afraid of you. He treats you with utmost respect."

Ao Yu had just finished eating the meat bun and was sipping tea, listening to Yun Zhao's curious inquiry. He explained, "The wolf clan once fought alongside me in the depths of the abyss."

"I see," Yun Zhao pondered for a moment, then said, "Since there is a connection, should I give them a discount next time?"

Ao Yu shook his head, serious-faced, and said, "No need, they have money."

Yun Zhao: "..."

After dinner, Yun Zhao had intended to visit the Spirit Field, but it started drizzling again in the mountains. The two little cats, Luo Xue and Wu Mu, immediately ran into the small bamboo basket and nestled there.

Rainy days were perfect for sleeping, after all!

Yun Zhao prepared a small bed in the cub's accommodation room, adorned with thick and soft bedding.

System: [Congratulations, host, on obtaining the divine beast Sun Yang. The current satisfaction level is 30%, while the satisfaction levels of other divine beasts have reached maximum. Please continue your efforts!]

Yun Zhao was taken aback and then heard the system continue, [The state of the spiritual veins in Yuming Mountain has been updated, and the host's affinity range has been enhanced.]

Yun Zhao clicked on the icon in his Sea of Knowledge and discovered that shoots had sprouted on the small hill, with numerous sparkling lights swirling around. No wonder the spiritual power in Yuming Mountain had strengthened. It turned out that this system was really useful.