𝕮⃟Hapter 27

»𝐶⃪27«
: SEEKING TREASURES IN SU YU VALLEY

• • •
Yun Zhao was brought to the lakeside, where the night sky shrouded the surface of the lake. The cool moonlight broke into ripples on the water, with stars shining like a cluster of bright dots.

A faint mist began to rise from the water, revealing the layered shadows of mountains reflected on the surface. However, the elusive cold pond shrimp that Yun Zhao was hoping to find was nowhere to be seen.

Just as Yun Zhao was puzzled, his wrist was suddenly pulled, and he was effortlessly lifted up by Ao Yu with one hand.

"Uh!" Yun Zhao let out a small cry of surprise and instinctively held onto Ao Yu's neck. His forearm pressed against Ao Yu's solid chest, where he could feel the powerful beating of his heart.

Under the moonlight, Ao Yu's pupils were particularly captivating, as if they were infused with specks of shimmering gold. It was so beautiful that Yun Zhao couldn't take his eyes off him, and his fingers unconsciously tightened their grip on the collar of Ao Yu's garment.

A slightly cool hand touched his back and then gave a warning pat.

Yun Zhao snapped out of his daze, only to find Ao Yu looking at him with a faint smile as he said in a soft voice, "I'm wearing a lot of layers. Don't touch randomly."

"I wasn't touching randomly!" Yun Zhao quietly retorted, feeling like he was being treated like a thief.

He shifted his gaze away and casually asked, "What are we going to do?"

"Catch shrimp," Ao Yu replied.

As soon as Ao Yu finished speaking, pale blue floating stones appeared in the water in front of them, one after another, extending all the way to the center of the lake.

Yun Zhao squinted his eyes and carefully observed. He realized that these floating stones were actually moving! Upon closer inspection, he discovered that they were not stones but fish swimming in the lake.

These fish emitted a shimmering blue light, flickering with dazzling brilliance in the water.

At this moment, lilies swayed in the moonlight, and fluorescent lights dotted the thin mist. Glass-like butterflies fluttered, and a few six-winged birds landed on the treetops. Yun Zhao couldn't bear to take his eyes off all these creatures that seemed to have come straight out of a fantasy.

Yun Zhao exclaimed in his mind, "System, it's so beautiful!"

The system was also intoxicated, replying, [Yes! I should take a few pictures to keep!]

Just as Yun Zhao hadn't fully recovered from the surrounding scenery, Ao Yu held him in his arms and ruthlessly stomped on the fish with a resounding "thud."

Yun Zhao: "..."

Is this dragon allergic to romance or something?

"To find the cold pond shrimp, we need to go to the center of the lake," Ao Yu explained and took another step forward.

Yun Zhao was surprised to see him stepping on the beautifully dreamlike fish as if they were stepping on blue stones.

With each step, a series of bubbling sounds surrounded them, as if the fish were incomprehensibly complaining to them.

Yun Zhao sheepishly pulled at Ao Yu's white hair hanging on his chest.

Ao Yu lowered his head and looked at him. "What's wrong?"

Yun Zhao hesitated and said, "I feel like they're scolding us."

"Oh, well, I can't understand them anyway," Ao Yu said, withdrawing his gaze and continuing to walk without paying attention to the bubbling sounds around them.