𝕮⃟Hapter 30

»𝐶⃪30«
: THE MOON HIGH ABOVE

• • •
In the entire Immortal Realm, there is no one who doesn't know about Qing Jiao's existence. With powerful immortal energy and an air of elegance and nobility, he is like a distant floating moon in the sky, seemingly unattainable.

As the outstanding young master of the Mountain Spirit Clan, Qing Jiao has been the pride of the entire clan since birth. Even the Dragon Clan, known for their high standards, arrived early in the Central Land to arrange a marriage for their young master, Ao Yu.

Rumors spread throughout the realm, proclaiming it as a heaven-sent match.

Qing Jiao is quite satisfied with this marriage arrangement. Having caught a glimpse of the Dragon Lord's graceful figure from afar, unparalleled in the world, he believes they are a perfect match.

He peacefully prepares his dowry within the clan, summoning the most skilled immortal seamstress to tailor his wedding attire. With great anticipation, he awaits the arrival of the auspicious occasion.

One day, while strolling through the clan by chance, Qing Jiao encounters Yun Zhao.

With his black hair casually tied back and sleeves of his robe folded up, Yun Zhao sets up a small stall on the street, selling sweet pastries with a cheerful smile to passing clan members.

Among the thousands of Mountain Spirit Clan members, he is the only one without parents or guardians. However, the previously unnoticed Yun Zhao suddenly seems like a changed person, happily busy at his small stall.

Qing Jiao calls upon his subordinate to buy a piece of sweet pastry, which turns out to be smooth and not overly sweet, melting in the mouth. It truly tastes delightful.

The subordinate is also eager in recommending it, their eyes showing sincere fondness for Yun Zhao.

They say he is a gentle and kind child, smiling like a little sun.

Qing Jiao crushes the white pastry between his fingers and realizes that he has never been a virtuous person, merely indulging in the respect garnered from a false persona.

The praises surrounding the seemingly ordinary young man awaken an inexplicable sense of jealousy within Qing Jiao's heart. Soon after, he covers his forehead and laughs. How absurd it is to feel jealous of an ordinary clan member.

Before he could do anything to Yun Zhao, bad news spreads within the clan – Ao Yu has been seriously injured! The illustrious Dragon Lord has exhausted his spiritual power and can now only maintain the form of a hatchling.

This news strikes Qing Jiao like a heavy blow. Terminating the engagement rashly would tarnish the reputation of the Mountain Spirit Clan, but he cannot bear to sacrifice his own future like this.

I am the proud moon hanging above everyone, how can I spend the rest of my life with a waste?

He suddenly thought of Yun Zhao, who had set up a stall in the market. If Ao Yu was considered a waste, then he should find a suitable companion.

In the following month, after discussing with the clan leader in the palace, Yun Zhao was forcibly taken away in a bridal sedan.

Qing Jiao stood at the highest point of the palace, watching the desolate procession, a smile appearing on his face once again.

...

"Young master, where are you going?"

Seeing Qing Jiao descend from the high palace, the attendant's expression was not good, and couldn't help but ask, "If you're tired, shall I take you to your room to rest?"