𝕮⃟Hapter 40

»𝐶⃪40«
: LITTLE FERRET JOINS THE KINDERGARTEN

• • •
All eyes turned towards Yun Zhao in unison, and Wu Mu pretended to casually nudge Yun Zhao's back, silently questioning, "Why didn't you hit it?"

Yun Zhao squatted down and cuddled the snow ferret in his arms, chuckling, "I didn't see it stealing with my own eyes. It was too hasty of me to label it as a thief."

Ao Yu sneered, holding up the snow ferret's little paw from his embrace, which was still smeared with unfinished jam.

In a calm voice, he said, "The ferret is dirty and caught."

The snow ferret's eyes shimmered with watery glints as it squeaked softly.

Yun Zhao pulled out a handkerchief and wiped off the sugar stains from its paw, showing considerable understanding, "Late at night with heavy dew, it's clear that this poor little thing is both hungry and tired. It's understandable for it to eat some jam."

"Understandable?"

Wu Mu looked at Yun Zhao in disbelief and reached out to tug at Sun Yang's long fur, complaining, "Look at Yun Zhao's true face. He clearly used your honey for the jam."

The little dog's ears twitched back, its face turning stern as it stared at Yun Zhao intently.

Yun Zhao felt a shiver in his heart from being scrutinized and could only smile and appease, "I'll buy you another jar, brother. Look at this pitiful snow ferret. Let it have a little taste."

The snow ferret rubbed its head against Yun Zhao's chin, nodding frantically, "Squeak!"

Ao Yu couldn't stand it any longer and pinched a layer of flesh on the ferret's belly with his fingers, saying, "This is considered pitiful?"

Yun Zhao swatted his hand away and turned decisively, taking the snow ferret into the room.

After all, tonight, Lord Yun Zhao was determined to spoil the ferret, and no one could stop him!

Yun Zhao fetched a clean cloth and wiped the little snow ferret all over, removing any grass crumbs or dust, making the whole cub look even more beautiful.

Its fur was pure white, without a single stray hair, and its pink nose gently sniffed against Yun Zhao's chest. Its paws rested on the young man's clavicle as it nuzzled affectionately.

Yun Zhao was overjoyed, grinning from ear to ear as he held it in his arms and rolled on the bed a couple of times before giving it a smooch, resembling a fool who only knew "hehehe."

Wu Mu and Luo Xue leaned against the window, seething with anger. What kind of ferret was this? Its alluring tricks could rival the fox spirits of the Immortal Realm!

At Yun Zhao's strong insistence, the snow ferret was allocated a comfortable small bamboo basket in the inner room, while the other cubs had to begrudgingly sleep in the dormitory.

Ao Yu's only demand was that Yun Zhao wouldn't place the bamboo basket on the bed but instead on the desk.

He looked at the snow ferret with disdain and said coldly, "It has a scent."

The snow ferret became highly excited, squeaking, "Squeak! (No, I don't!)"

Yun Zhao buried his face in the ferret's fur and took a sniff, puzzled, "What scent? I've wiped it clean, and there's nothing."

Ao Yu sneered and hit the nail on the head, "The scent of a thief!"

Yun Zhao: "..."

Snow ferret: "Squeak..."