𝕮⃟Hapter 36

»𝐶⃪36«
: XUANMING THE BLACK PANTHER

• • •
After the successful completion of the celebration, the Wolf Clan sent many expressions of gratitude to Yun Zhao. As agreed, Yun Zhao made soft and fragrant little bread rolls to give to Chang Xiao.

Chang Xiao instructed his subordinates to pack the bread into a carriage and stood still for a moment, as if he had something to say.

Yun Zhao asked, "What's the matter?"

Chang Xiao glanced around to ensure there were no onlookers before leaning closer to Yun Zhao and inquiring, "During the celebration, there was some commotion in the mountains and forests..."

"Oh, so that's what you're referring to," Yun Zhao chuckled. "Sun Yang's breakthrough caused quite a bit of damage to the trees, which must have been troublesome for you."

"No, it's not about that," Chang Xiao shook his head.

He continued, "I'm talking about the sound of a dragon's roar! Sun Yang's breakthrough couldn't have caused such a tremendous disturbance."

Before Yun Zhao could reply, Chang Xiao reminisced on his own, saying, "I've heard from some immortals that Lord Ao Yu visited that day. Could it be that he has... recovered?"

Yun Zhao didn't dare to make definitive statements and simply replied, "His condition is improving."

Upon hearing this, Chang Xiao's eyes instantly brightened.

He had heard Lady Xianyue mention that this Dragon Sovereign had rescued the Wolf Clan's leader several times during battles in the abyss. Otherwise, the Wolf Clan's leader wouldn't be secluded in cultivation like he is now.

Chang Xiao patted his shoulder in a righteous manner and said, "If you need any medicinal herbs or immortal flowers, feel free to ask me. You are all esteemed guests of my Wolf Clan, and I will never forget this favor."

Yun Zhao couldn't help but find his words amusing. Chang Xiao was afraid that the young man might not take it seriously, so he wanted to immediately bring some spiritual medicines and supplements.

The persistent demeanor of Chang Xiao left Yun Zhao both amused and exasperated. He assured him that if there was a need, he will definitely seek his help, and finally sent off this enthusiastic benefactor.

As he returned to the courtyard, he noticed the presence of an immortal whom he hadn't seen before.

Clad in white robes with a jade belt, delicate facial features, and slightly raised eyebrows, the immortal stood under the crabapple tree, appearing as if he had stepped out of a painting.

Amidst the sound of claws scratching against wooden planks, Wu Mu and Luo Xue chased after a round pearl, running out of the house.

The pearl rolled to a stop near the immortal's feet, and the two kittens quickly backed away, using their bottoms as brakes. Unfortunately, it was of no use as they both crashed into his shins.

The immortal was amused and let out a light laugh. Wu Mu shook his head and looked up, seemingly fond of the immortal's pristine and clean demeanor, and obediently squatted down.

The black cat’s ears twitched and he exclaimed, "Good morning, White Jade Immortal!"

Hearing his older brother's greeting, Luo Xue hurriedly followed, whispering, "Hello, Immortal..."

White Jade bent down and gently stroked the little heads of the kittens, which were smooth and soft, clearly well taken care of.

He sighed and said, "Kongming True Immortal said that this place is good, looks like he didn't deceive me."