𝕮⃟Hapter 21

»𝐶⃪21«
: RAIN MIST AND WARM SPRING

• • •
The rain mist enveloped the surroundings, and under the wash of rainwater, the moss between the rocks shimmered with a faint emerald glow.

Droplets adorned the colorful mountain flowers, hanging from the branches. The wind carried the scattered petals, and a delicate fragrance filled the air.

Walking beneath the flower vines, the white bamboo umbrella collected fallen petals. The hand holding the umbrella was slender and fair, with faint veins visible beneath the skin. With a slight tilt, ink-like eyebrows and eyes appeared below the edge of the umbrella.

In an instant, Yun Zhao's mind exploded.

He stood dumbfounded in place, his pounding heart suddenly frozen. The clamor brought by the rain mist gradually faded away, leaving only the figure of the approaching person in his eyes.

"Are you dazed from being soaked?"

The white bamboo umbrella shielded the pouring rain until Ao Yu reached his side, and only then did Yun Zhao recover his senses.

He turned his face slightly, coughed lightly to conceal his momentary distraction, and then smiled, "Why are you here?"

Ao Yu looked at him, lowered the umbrella towards the young man, and said, "Who told you not to bring an umbrella."

"Hehe..." Yun Zhao wiped the rainwater off his face and smiled apologetically, "It's my fault. I troubled the young master to come personally."

"I'm just worried you'll get sick and have no one to cook for you," Ao Yu said indifferently, glancing over the top of Yun Zhao's head, and then added in a soft voice, "Let's go."

Wu Mu was used to being wild, so it transformed into a small child and pulled the cart, walking ahead on its own.

Luo Xue initially wanted to follow along but disliked getting wet by the rain, so it continued to nestle in Yun Zhao's arms.

The white kitten rested its head in the nape of Yun Zhao's neck, greedily rubbing against it, sniffing the lingering scent of bread and milk. It purred contentedly.

The soft fur of the cat tickled Yun Zhao's ear, making him unable to suppress a soft chuckle.

The pleasant laughter caught Ao Yu's attention.

The youth still wore the same simple moon-white robe. A faint smile adorned his lips as he spoke quietly to the white kitten. With a slight bow of his head, one could catch a whiff of his clean scent.

Ao Yu lowered his gaze. Despite the umbrella not being particularly large, it brought the two of them walking side by side, their shoulders occasionally brushing against each other, allowing the warmth of their bodies to transmit through the fabric of their clothes.

"Yun Zhao, come quickly!" In his absentmindedness, Wu Mu's voice came from up ahead.

"I'm coming!"

Yun Zhao shielded his head with his hand and ran toward the black-clad child, holding Luo Xue.

The dark ends of their hair clung together in strands, and the wet, sticky mud splattered on their clothes.

Ao Yu held up the umbrella, silently observing, while an inexplicable ache surged in his heart.

He extended his hand, feeling the icy rainwater in his palm. The familiar sensation made him look up and gaze intently at the fallen petals washed away by the rain.