𝕮⃟Hapter 11

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11: APOLOGIES AND RECONCILIATION

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:Managing a Divine Beast Kindergarten in the Immortal Realm
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:妄三秋

𝗘𝗔 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

° ° °

The ebony-colored fur of Wu Mu clumped together, and the tension in his hind legs made him involuntarily scratch, but as soon as he saw the person's face clearly, he immediately froze.

The black triangular ears flicked back, and the person turned his face slightly, speaking with a hint of awkwardness, "Why have you come, sir?"

Ao Yu's long eyelashes fluttered slightly, and he maintained his composure as he replied, "I'm afraid you'll cause trouble, so I've come to take you back."

Wu Mu raised an eyebrow suspiciously and looked at him, saying, "Do you really care about me?"

The round cat eyes scanned the man in black clothing and then realized, "I know! You've come to find Xu Liu to avenge Yun Zhao! Hmph, it seems you care a lot about that mountain spirit!"

Ao Yu's figure paused for a moment, raising the black kitten to eye level, and the faint golden pupils made Wu Mu inexplicably uneasy.

Wu Mu averted his gaze and struggled with his ears, "What are you doing... put me down quickly!"

"Alright."

Ao Yu curved his lips, preparing to casually throw the cat onto the stack of firewood from before.

"No, no, no!"

As soon as the black tail touched the damp firewood, it curled up and retreated into Ao Yu's embrace, held tightly by his four paws.

Wu Mu didn't want to be covered in moldy ash again, so he quickly pleaded in a low voice, "I was wrong... I was wrong! Sir, you've come to take me back!"

Ao Yu brought Wu Mu back in front of him and turned his head to look at the kitchen, asking, "What have you done?"

Wu Mu grinned, his whiskers trembling, and he leaned his little head closer to Ao Yu's ear, explaining the mischievous things he had done.

"If you dare to cause trouble, be prepared to face the consequences!"

Wu Mu appeared quite righteous. Since Yun Zhao's cooking suited his taste, helping him vent his frustrations would also please Luo Xue. Perhaps this way, they could mend things with the crybaby?

Ao Yu glanced at the mischievous black cat and nodded approvingly, then lifted the cat and turned, disappearing into the rain and mist.

...

Inside Yuming Mountain, when Yun Zhao woke up, he didn't see Ao Yu around. He had to get up on his own and woke up Luo Xue, who was still half-asleep, so they could wash up together.

Luo Xue snuggled softly in Yun Zhao's arms, half awake, and rubbed his eyes with his front paws, continuing the story of how he used to be teased by Wu Mu before falling asleep.

Yun Zhao held a redwood comb, gently smoothing his fluffy fur that had gotten tousled from sleep, occasionally responding with a sound to indicate that he was listening.

The system was quite enthusiastic and came up with an idea: [Host, since this little cat is so good at storytelling, why not have him by your side when you set up your stall? You'll have plenty of customers!]

Yun Zhao was taken aback, "What? People would actually listen?"

The system sighed in frustration, [Don't you understand the concept of artistic presentation?]