𝕮⃟Hapter 41

»𝐶⃪41«
: SUN YANG'S BIRTHDAY

• • •
Yun Zhao exclaimed in surprise, "Sun Yang's birthday? You know about it too?"

Bai Ze straightened his posture and replied, "When Sun Yang was born, Cheng Yi hosted a grand banquet, and I was invited to attend."

Wu Mu interjected, tilting his head, "Weren't you just mooching off the food and drinks?"

Bai Ze reached out and tapped the head of the black cat, saying, "That's something your master did."

Yun Zhao looked at the cake on the table and rubbed his chin, lost in thought.

Late at night, Yun Zhao looked through the window and saw a little dog in the courtyard delicately nibbling on a paper cupcake. He sighed.

"Why the sigh?" Ao Yu changed his clothes and came out from the inner room, seeing the young man leaning against the window with a worried expression.

Yun Zhao turned his head and said, "I always feel like Sun Yang has suffered too much in the past and I want to be even better to him."

The system reminded: [Sun Yang's satisfaction level has reached maximum value. The host doesn't need to think about anything else.]

Yun Zhao was well aware of that, but it had nothing to do with the mission rewards. Unlike the little ferret, Xuanming, and the others, who had their caring owners behind them, Sun Yang's own people didn't treat him as well.

Sometimes when he saw the little dog playing alone on the slide in the courtyard, he wished that more people would like him.

Ao Yu saw the young man in a pensive state and asked with a collected demeanor, "What are you planning?"

Yun Zhao pondered for a moment and suggested, "Bai Ze mentioned that Sun Yang's birthday is coming up. I want to hold a birthday banquet for him and invite our good friends from the immortal realm to celebrate."

As soon as the words left his mouth, he suddenly realized that the noise might bother Little Dragon and quickly dismissed his proposal, saying, "Forget it, too many people..."

"It's fine."

"What?" Yun Zhao was about to change his mind when he suddenly heard Ao Yu calmly interrupting him.

Ao Yu casually found a scripture and started flipping through it. Seeing that the young man didn't catch on, he patiently repeated, "It's fine, I have no objections."

Yun Zhao immediately pounced next to him, surprised, "I thought you would disagree."

"I'm not that petty."

Ao Yu turned a page in the book and looked at the little dog outside the window, who had finished the cake but was reluctant to let go of the paper cup. He said in a calm tone, "There has to be an opportunity for those confused people to realize that once something is abandoned, they shouldn't expect to reclaim it."

Yun Zhao felt like he was talking about Sun Yang, but also about others, yet he was quickly delighted. Since he had made up his mind, he was determined to give Sun Yang the most perfect birthday banquet!

Early the next morning, Ao Yu took Sun Yang to the bamboo forest, while Yun Zhao gathered the others in the courtyard and revealed his plan.

Yun Zhao pondered for a moment and said, "If Sun Yang asks, let's say it's a flower-viewing banquet. It'll be a nice surprise for him."

Luo Xue tilted his head and thought for a moment before looking up and saying, "Brother, let us help too!"

"Alright." Yun Zhao squatted down and patted the little cat's head. Luo Xue happily rubbed against his palm and narrowed his eyes in contentment.