𝕮⃟Hapter 63

⟣•63•⟢
: FAREWELL JOURNEY

• • •
After a whole day of playing, when they arrived at the Dragon Palace, many little ones were already happily snoring.

Yun Zhao settled them in a side hall and looked at Wu Mu, who was sleeping in a twisted position. He said to Ao Jing, "You must be tired too. Go rest quickly."

Ao Jing wanted to say that he wanted to go cultivate, but seeing the concerned eyes of the youth, he thought for a moment and said, "Okay. Yun Zhao... Good night, brother."

Hearing Ao Jing imitating what Luo Xue called them, Yun Zhao's face blossomed into a smile. He pinched Ao Jing's cheek and sent him out of the hall.

Ao Jing walked on the jade bridge with the attendants and looked back. The youth and his elder brother (cousin) walked side by side, with the gentle falling of sandalwood petals being brushed off the youth's shoulder by someone.

One attendant sighed, saying, "Prince Ao Yu and Lord Yun Zhao have such a good relationship."

"Yeah, Lord Yun Zhao is really gentle."

"Even the prince is quite gentle..."

Listening to the quiet discussions of the palace servants, Ao Jing couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope in his heart. If they could stay a little longer, perhaps this Dragon Palace would have a bit more warmth.

"Let's go."

Ao Jing withdrew his gaze, softly spoke, and turned around to continue walking towards the nearby palace chambers.

Yun Zhao didn't sleep well that night. He always felt like someone was rubbing dog's tail grass on his face.

When he opened his eyes, he realized that the surroundings were filled with various sizes of furry bundles. Wu Mu curled up on top of his head, its long black tail brushing across his forehead.

Although he had seen them go to sleep in the side hall, he didn't expect that they would all come over, squeezing beside him all at once.

Beside him, Ao Yu was squeezed out of space. He sat up, wearing his robe, revealing bright red marks on his smooth chest, causing Yun Zhao to feel dizzy.

"Tsk, why did they all come over to sleep."

Ao Yu discontentedly grabbed the small white cat on him and tossed it onto the black panther. Xuanming half-opened his eyes, and his front paw embraced the still-sleeping kitten, snuggling it in his embrace and continued sleeping.

Yun Zhao speculated, "Perhaps it's because they are unfamiliar with the sea, so they feel safer staying with us."

Seeing that Ao Yu still had a displeased expression, Yun Zhao leaned over and hugged him, rubbing against his neck. Only then did he manage to coax Ao Yu into holding him again and lying down to continue sleeping.

When Yun Zhao woke up completely, there was no sign of Ao Yu on the bed, only a group of little ones approaching, wanting to touch him.

...

In the splendid and chilly palace, the Dragon Patriarch was reviewing the documents in his hand, showing a calm demeanor upon Ao Yu's arrival.

He put down his pen. "Why have you come?"

Ao Yu stood under the candlelight, the play of light and shadow on his face, without adding any softness to his manner toward the Dragon Patriarch. "I came to tell you that we will leave today. Don't casually capture Yun Zhao and bring him over again."

"I thought you came specifically to bid farewell to your father." The Dragon Patriarch smiled. "Turns out you're here to give a warning."

Seeing Ao Yu turning to leave, the Dragon Patriarch called out to him, "Are you unwilling to stay because of Yun Zhao?"