𝕮⃟Hapter 46

»𝐶⃪46«
: TURMOIL AT THE BANQUET (COMPLETE)

• • •
"Everyone is here."

Ao Yu walked out from the side hall, his expression indifferent as he scanned the immortals. The hem of his black and gold robe fluttered in the wind, and the cold moonlight accentuated the fierceness in his pale golden eyes.

With each step he took, the air around him seemed to grow heavy, as if a giant ax suspended by silk threads hung over the heads of the immortals.

Bai Ze and the Flower Goddess hurriedly approached with concern. "Ao Yu, what happened? Please don't act recklessly!"

They felt uneasy in their hearts. They had only seen Ao Yu in this state during fierce battles in the depths of the abyss. If he truly went on a killing spree now, it wouldn't be impossible. A cold smile curved on Ao Yu's face as his gaze shifted past Bai Ze and the others, landing on Chang Xiao, who was in a disheveled state.

Chang Xiao felt his heart tremble under Ao Yu's gaze. He gently set down the little ones in his arms and anxiously locked eyes with Lady Xianyue, his expression filled with confusion.

Lady Xianyue cautiously asked, "Dragon Lord, do you have something to ask Chang Xiao?"

Ao Yu spoke calmly, "Yun Zhao's drink was tampered with, and Kongming barged in and called out to Chang Xiao. I'm curious, what would they see if I weren't here?"

His words caused an uproar among the immortals.

A bone-chilling sensation crept up from the soles of Chang Xiao's feet. His mind went blank, and he desperately forced himself to recall the previous scene. "I was eating pastries with Yan Yuan at the waterside pavilion... I was relieving myself in the corner... and then..."

And then he walked onto the long bridge and was struck by the Wu Mu. But why did he go onto the bridge in the first place?

Wasn't he supposed to be at the waterside pavilion?

The more Chang Xiao tried to remember, the more his temples throbbed, as if countless fine steel needles were piercing his mind.

"Ah... ah..." Holding his head in pain, Chang Xiao fell to his knees, and Lady Xianyue hurriedly embraced him.

Anxiety filled Lady Xianyue's voice as she asked, "Chang Xiao, what's wrong with you?"

Wu Mu transformed back into a young boy, who said, "I encountered Chang Xiao on the bridge and accidentally knocked him into the water..."

The black-clad young boy watched Chang Xiao's painful state, twisting his hands nervously, fearing that he might have damaged this guy's brain...

When Wu Mu saw everyone looking at him, he added in a low voice, "I did ask him to move aside, but he couldn't hear me no matter what. It's not my fault! I fell into the water too... It's all because the little ferret pounced on me!"

Upon hearing this, the little ferret struggled in Fairy Xiaguang's arms, seemingly ready for another fight.

Qing Jiao among the crowd understood what had happened. All their plans had been ruined by these damn brats.

He gritted his teeth, realizing that he had to disassociate himself from the situation for now.

Kongming asked, "Chang Xiao, do you not remember why you went out or why you went onto the bridge?"

Lady Xianyue also asked, "Yes, where were you planning to go at that time?"

Clutching his throbbing and almost bursting head, Chang Xiao painfully replied, "I... I don't remember..."