𝕮⃟Hapter 75

⟣•75•⟢
: THE DECISIVE BATTLE - PART 1

• • •
Two figures, one tall and one small, stood at the pavilion, watching the swimming fish for quite some time. Yun Zhao discreetly turned his head to look and saw the little dragon's tail swaying slowly on the ground, seemingly in a better mood.

Perhaps due to the dragon clan having a lower body temperature, Yun Zhao felt a slight chill when holding the small hand of the dragon in his palm. However, there was still a layer of softness, making it quite pleasant to touch.

Before Yun Zhao could play around more, Ao Yu yawned, sensing the youth's gaze, and immediately covered his mouth with his other hand.

Annoyed, Ao Yu turned his face away, thinking that spending too much time with this guy had led to such impolite and casual behavior.

"Feeling sleepy? Then go to bed."

Yun Zhao didn't feel tired at all; he found it amusing to see the little dragon yawning, revealing its two small, cute fangs, much tinier and lovelier than those in adulthood.

"No need to tell me, I'll rest on my own."

Ao Yu had been practicing day and night for the past few days, never entering a state of sleep. Now, exhaustion overwhelmed him, and his eyelids felt incredibly heavy.

Yun Zhao smiled, full of understanding, and led him back, following the little dragon's instructions, to a charming chamber.

"You can all leave now."

Ao Yu dismissed the maids and pulled Yun Zhao into the room.

Yun Zhao looked around at the furnishings inside the room - the jade-stone floor, the floating golden curtains, and the bookshelves filled with bamboo scrolls and jade slips, while on a sandalwood folding screen stood lively and graceful auspicious birds amidst beautiful flowers and plants.

It seemed that Ao Yu had had excellent taste since he was young...

As Yun Zhao marveled, he was guided by the little dragon to a massive shell-shaped bed. The surface of the shell was a shiny blue-gold color, and the inside was covered with thick and soft cushions. Several dragon-shaped dolls were placed beside the pillow...

"Oh?"

Curiously, Yun Zhao picked up one of the dolls and gave it a squeeze. It was stuffed with cotton and had a good bounce to it, even better than the small rabbit plush he had bought for Luo Xue in the past.

"Is this your bedtime companion?" Yun Zhao waved the doll in front of the little dragon.

Seeing the youth teasing him with a smile, Ao Yu coldly snorted, rising on his toes to snatch it back. "Stop messing around!"

"This is something from my childhood; I just forgot to throw it away!" Ao Yu's tail tip curled into a tight coil, as if speaking louder would add some confidence to his words. "I don't need these things from my past anymore!"

He lifted his head, staring intensely at Yun Zhao, determined to show the truth behind his words through his eyes.

After a few moments of eye contact, Yun Zhao shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, well. You're just a kid now too..."

...

Ao Yu emphasized, "I really don't like these childish dolls anymore."

Yun Zhao nodded earnestly, "Sure, I believe you." Not really.

Ao Yu felt that something was off and skeptically glanced at the youth, but he couldn't pinpoint what was wrong.

He could only take off his robe and hang it on the rack. He then neatly covered himself with the blanket, saying to Yun Zhao, "I'll take a short nap. You can rest on the nearby couch or read the bamboo scrolls if you're bored."