𝕮⃟Hapter 65

⟣•65•⟢
: FLOATING FISH FEAST

• • •
Yun Zhao, feeling sorry for Xiao Long, nestled gently in his lover's arms for comfort.

Ao Yu sniffed the fragrance lingering on the young man's hair, a scent similar to his own. He contentedly squinted his eyes and unconsciously let his fingers slip beneath the hem of his lover's clothing.

When the slightly cool fingertips touched his skin, the person in Ao Yu's embrace trembled slightly.

At first, Yun Zhao giggled and playfully squirmed due to the ticklish sensation caused by Ao Yu's touch. However, as the fingers moved downward, he quickly lost his ability to laugh.

As the veil was lowered, faintly swaying figures became visible. Yun Zhao leaned against Ao Yu's neck, his forehead covered in sweat, feeling as if he were a slow-cooked fish, with all his bones almost melting away.

Sensing the young man's distraction, Ao Yu lowered his head in displeasure and pressed his lips against Yun Zhao's. His lover must be filled with thoughts of him at a time like this.

...

The sunny days of the past few days made the young beasts in the mountains feel lazy, wanting nothing more than to lie in the courtyard, bask in the sun, and take a long nap.

When Yun Zhao emerged from the room, he saw Wu Mu and Xuanming lying on the trunk of a banyan tree, their four legs dangling, eyes half-closed in sleep.

Lei Huang stomped his feet in frustration, seeing the largest banyan tree occupied by the two black furballs, one on the left and one on the right. "Can't you find another place to sleep?"

Wu Mu lazily flicked his tail and replied, "No, there's shade here."

Lei Huang retorted, "Then why don't you go back to your rooms?"

"Um..." Wu Mu rubbed his ears against the tree bark and turned his head in another direction. "But I still want to soak up a little bit of sun."

Yun Zhao: "..."

The sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting mottled shadows that added a touch of elegance to the two black furballs.

Ao Jing placed Luo Xue on his lap and gently groomed the white kitten, eliciting adorable meows and even a long-lost, soft kittenish voice.

Perhaps finding the sunlight too bright, the kitten covered its eyes with its paws and murmured softly, eventually falling asleep without realizing it, its little belly rising and falling with each breath, revealing a faint pink hue.

Yun Zhao was almost infected by their lazy atmosphere, feeling a momentary surge of drowsiness. Suddenly, he shook his head to clear his mind.

After some thought, he proposed, "I heard Bai Ze say that it's the season when floating fish appear in the mountain springs. How about we go catch some together?"

Bai Ze had already explored every corner of the mountains with the rabbits. He knew what was edible and when it was in season, even better than Ao Yu, their owner.

Floating fish usually lived in the spring caves and only emerged to bubble up from the opening during consecutive sunny days. Their flesh was delicate and devoid of any fishy smell, making Bai Ze's mouth water for a long time.

Recently, the weather had been unpredictable, so encountering such good weather was considered rare. Yun Zhao poked the dangling paw of the cat and coaxed, "Even the furballs have grown lazy. I'll make you some carbonated water when we come back."

Only then did Wu Mu stick his head out and touch foreheads with Yun Zhao. "You said it, no slacking off."

"Yes, yes, I promise."