𝕮⃟Hapter 24

»𝐶⃪24«
: MOMENTS OF ILLUSION

• • •
In the territory of the Wolf Clan, where rugged mountains and peculiar rocks abound, only the Jacaranda flowers are willing to add a touch of brightness to the desolate forests.

However, the delicate flowers that the Wolf Clan has always regarded with pride were now crumpled into a bundle by Yun Zhao. Lifeless, they were pulled out of the gauze bag like discarded trash and replaced with a fresh batch.

Yun Zhao paid no attention to the grimaces of the people around him. If Lady Xian Yue hadn't given the order, the young man who violently manipulated the flower petals would probably have been torn apart.

Purple juice seeped out from the gauze, dripping into a porcelain bowl. As Yun Zhao filled over a large bowl, a pile of wrinkled petals had accumulated by his side.

Ah Yan covered his chest and felt dizzy.

Yun Zhao didn't pause; he took some flour and skillfully kneaded it into a dough. Then, he picked up the porcelain bowl filled with flower juice and poured it in, little by little.

The pure white dough was dyed into a dreamy light purple. When Yun Zhao saw that the colors had blended well, he continued to knead.

Chang Xiao had figured out what was going on and guessed that Yun Zhao wanted to make dumplings or steamed dumplings.

His gaze fell on the dough, and even though he was several steps away, he could already smell the faint floral fragrance emanating from it.

Indeed, Yun Zhao wanted to make dumplings, but he couldn't simply follow the usual wrapping method. After all, those old Wolf Clan men had been quite disdainful of the appearance of the food he made before.

The dough was rolled into long strips and cut into individual pieces. Yun Zhao rolled out the dough skins, filled them with the well-mixed stuffing, and began to meticulously fold and seal them.

At first, Ah Yan only glanced at it out of curiosity, but he ended up frozen in place.

The slender fingers of the young man manipulated the dough skins as if showcasing a vivid magic trick. The dough was pinched and folded in succession, leaving delicate creases.

In just a few moments, a dumpling in the shape of a Jacaranda flower appeared in Yun Zhao's palm.

The purple dough was pinched thin and agile, with the seal in the center intentionally left slightly open, revealing the color of the filling. It looked just like the stamen of a Jacaranda flower.

The crowd exclaimed in surprise and eagerly gathered around Yun Zhao, wanting to examine it closely.

Ah Yan nudged Yun Zhao and urged, "Yun Zhao, how did you do it? Make another one for me to see!"

Yun Zhao naturally obliged and picked up another piece of dough to perform again. He remained focused on his hand movements, oblivious to the dusting of flour on his face.

When another Jacaranda flower dumpling was born in the young man's palm, he lowered his eyes with a hint of pride and asked, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It looks amazing!"

"It's just like real flowers, your hands are really skilled!"

The crowd continued to praise, making Yun Zhao feel a bit embarrassed as he pinched his ear.

Fortunately, the practice of the past two days had not been in vain; otherwise, he would have wasted a lot of dough.

He finished making the remaining flower dumplings and placed them in the steamer to steam.