𝕮⃟Hapter 23

»𝐶⃪23«
: THE RETURN OF BAI ZE

• • •
Bai Ze opened the umbrella and walked up the mountain. The lush green forest exuded a comforting atmosphere, causing him to naturally slow down his pace.

His fingers traced along the veins of the leaves, and he focused on the floating spiritual energy between the leaf blades, a hint of surprise crossing his face.

Just a month after his departure, the spiritual veins of Yuming Mountain had actually recovered to such an extent.

Bai Ze looked towards the distant pavilion and immediately quickened his steps towards the mountain gate.

When he arrived in front of the house, he found it empty. Not only were there no human figures, but there were no traces of even a rabbit.

Where is everyone?

Bai Ze wandered around the pavilion in confusion when suddenly a delightful fragrance captured his attention.

It seemed to be the smell of chicken soup!

Bai Ze's nose twitched like that of a little dog, and he followed the scent into the kitchen.

The further he went in, the hungrier he became, as if all his cravings had been unleashed.

He called out loudly for Yun Zhao, just as he was about to push open the door, the kitchen door opened by itself.

Before he could even rejoice, a noodle staff flew towards Bai Ze's head.

"What the hell are you shouting for?" Ao Yu crossed his arms, his expression as disdainful as ever.

As soon as Bai Ze entered, he noticed the empty porcelain bowl in Ao Yu's hand. He thought to himself that if someone hadn't eaten their fill and drunk enough, who knows who would be making even louder complaints.

Unfortunately, Bai Ze was too timid to argue with him. He held his noodle staff in a resigned manner and approached Yun Zhao.

Yun Zhao served him a large bowl of soup, and Bai Ze's eyes lit up with joy as he held the bowl and began eating heartily.

After taking a sip of the soup, Bai Ze's face was filled with happiness. "Yun Zhao is truly the best. Ao Yu, you should learn what it means to be a good host from him."

Ao Yu couldn't be bothered to deal with him. He leisurely walked out the door, and from his appearance, it was clear that he intended to go back to his room and sleep.

Eat and then sleep, be careful not to turn into a pig worm.

Bai Ze hummed a tune and finished the remaining soup and meat, then leaned back in his chair to rest.

Little Black Rabbit, emboldened, used its furry paws to touch Bai Ze's belly and whispered to Wu Mu, "It's getting round!"

Luo Xue leaned against Wu Mu and whispered in his ear, "Looks like a ball."

Bai Ze sat up and flicked the little white cat on the head, dissatisfied. "Sorry, I can hear you."

Yun Zhao chuckled and gently separated Luo Xue and the others, asking about the matter of Bai Ze buying materials.

"Oh, look at my memory. I had forgotten if you hadn't mentioned it."

Upon hearing this, Bai Ze patted his forehead, stood up, and took out a pouch from his waist, handing it to Yun Zhao.