𝕮⃟Hapter 71

⟣•71•⟢
: AO YU LOSES CONTROL

• • •
"It's no wonder you willingly let Ao Jing come to Yuming Mountain..." Ao Yu lifted his gaze to look at him, his voice resembling fallen leaves in the mountains. "In your eyes, my entire life is nothing more than a tool to stabilize the Four Seas, isn't it?"

"Ao Yu..."

Yun Zhao noticed that Ao Yu's hand was scorching hot, an unprecedented temperature. Worriedly, he tugged at Ao Yu's sleeve.

"The Abyssal creature has been troubling the Four Seas and even the entire realm for far too long. If sacrificing you alone can eliminate this endless hidden danger, anyone else would make the same decision."

The Dragon Patriarch remained calm as ever, his gaze turning towards the wind and snow swirling in the courtyard. He reached out and touched the snowflakes, watching them melt on his fingertips.

A flash of white light appeared, and half of a dragon horn emerged from the Dragon Patriarch's hair. To Yun Zhao's surprise, the Dragon Patriarch's horn looked like a coral remnant, as if it had been struck by a reef, unlike Ao Yu's horn.

"If I could, I wouldn't have targeted you."

Ao Yu's gaze momentarily froze when it touched his father's damaged dragon horn.

For the Dragon Clan, dragon horns were symbols of power and glory, but the Dragon Patriarch’a horn was inherently damaged. He carried too much responsibility to reach this point.

However, in the next moment, the Dragon Patriarch stood with hands behind his back, his eyes filled with the splendor of mountains, seas, and the four seasons, devoid of any trace of guilt. "You’re born with divinity and a godhead. Divine nature is a gift, unattainable by seeking. If you can become the seal between two realms, ensuring peace in the Four Seas for ten thousand years..."

The Dragon Patriarch's straightforward words struck fear into Yun Zhao's heart. He murmured, "Don't you... feel any pain? Ao Yu is your son, and he has just recovered..."

Ao Yu pursed his lips, staring at him intensely, but the Dragon Patriarch did not look at him, only casting his eyes downward in silence.

Everyone present understood his answer through the Dragon Patriarch's silent contemplation.

"How absurd..."

Ao Yu sneered. What was he expecting after all? The agonizing pain in his chest felt like countless insects gnawing at him, and Zhu Sui's mocking words echoed in his ears, fueling his resentment and unwillingness to grow stronger.

At this moment, Ao Yu's appearance had completely changed. His pupils turned vertical, and a faint black mist emanated from his chest. Yun Zhao immediately sensed something was wrong and tried to approach him.

However, Ao Yu raised his hand and pushed him away, swiftly launching himself towards the Dragon Patriarch.

"Ao Yu!"

【Warning! Warning! Target subject is losing control!】

【Warning! Target subject's loss of control has reached 50%! Please host, intervene quickly!】

Yun Zhao's back was drenched in cold sweat as the piercing sound of system warnings echoed in his ears. He looked up, and Ao Yu's dragon horn had turned ink-black, with fine scales extending from his cheeks to his forehead.

"This is bad! There's Abyssal aura in my brother. If this continues, he'll be consumed by demonic energy!"

Ao Jing pulled Yun Zhao aside, and just as they moved away, the roof behind them collapsed under the overwhelming force of Ao Yu's unleashed dragon soul.