𝕮⃟Hapter 35

»𝐶⃪35«
: SUGAR PAINTING PUPS

• • •
When Sun Yang woke up, there was no one else in the room. He was wrapped in a cozy blanket that kept him warm all over.

Laughter and noise from the courtyard seeped in through the window. Sun Yang's eyes flickered, and he hopped off the stool and approached the window, raising his front paws to paw at the windowsill.

Outside, the sun was shining brightly, and there were some strange pieces of furniture in the courtyard. A swing hung from the branches of a banyan tree, with two kitten pups sitting on it, grooming each other.

Under the warm sunlight, Sun Yang's eyes squinted slightly. He could already imagine the pleasant scene of a sunny afternoon, with Yun Zhao's handmade blanket spread beneath the banyan tree, its corners secured by a honey jar, and himself rolling around on it in contentment.

"Sun Yang, you're awake!"

Yun Zhao's delighted voice came from the courtyard as he put down the clay pot in his hand and walked towards Sun Yang.

From afar, he spotted a golden and dazzling dog head by the window. Yun Zhao reached out and gave the little dog's head a rub through the window.

Yun Zhao asked him, "How do you feel? Any discomfort?"

With Yun Zhao petting his head, Sun Yang's tail wagged vigorously, and he replied, "I'm fine, no need to worry."

He left the windowsill, circled around to the door, and looked at Yun Zhao for a moment before lowering his tail.

Yun Zhao asked in confusion, "Why are you not happy?"

The little dog lowered his head and hesitated for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry, I have caused you trouble. Now that I have broken through to become a Sky Swallowing  Wolf, I'm afraid the Immortal Wolf Clan won't let it go so easily. What if..."

"It's all right, it's all right." Yun Zhao crouched down, lifted the little dog's head, which was almost pressing against his chest, and met his gaze. He slowed down his voice and said, "There's Ao Yu and Bai ze in the mountain, they won't dare to act recklessly. Just stay at Yuming Mountain and cultivate with peace of mind."

Tears welled up in Sun Yang's doggy eyes, and after a few sobs, he couldn't help burying his head in Yun Zhao's shoulder.

"Oh my, why is the little dog still sniffling?" While Yun Zhao was comforting Sun Yang, he saw Bai ze leaning against the door frame, teasing.

Sun Yang quickly quieted down and, noticing that his tears had dampened Yun Zhao's shoulder, he awkwardly turned his head away.

Yun Zhao smiled and asked Bai ze, "How is Sun Yang doing now?"

Baize leisurely replied, "He gained some enlightenment. With his foundation rebuilt and breakthrough achieved, I haven't seen anyone with such opportunities in thousands of years. All he needs now is to concentrate on cultivation, and one day he will become a divine being guarding a territory."

"Well, I just hope for his good health and longevity..." Yun Zhao stroked Sun Yang's back fur and asked, "Can he still transform into the Sky Swallowing Wolf?"

Upon hearing that, Sun Yang also looked at Bai ze, his gaze fixed on his face.

Baize chuckled and said, "Of course he can. However, the Sky Swallowing Wolf is an ancient primordial beast. Sun Yang has obtained a chance to revert to his ancestral form. If he wants to reveal his true form, he can."

"But..." Bai ze dragged his words, looking at the exquisitely arranged courtyard, "at that time, we can't guarantee that he won't trample on the flowers brought back by Ao Yu."