𝕮⃟Hapter 31

»𝐶⃪31«
: SUN YANG’S MEMORIES

• • •
A pale green light exploded in front of Sun Yang's chest, scattering fragments like stardust in the air.

The pain penetrated deep into his bones, gnawing at him like a thousand snakes, spreading from his chest to his limbs. With each breath, his heart felt as if it were being struck by an iron hammer, throbbing painfully.

However, Sun Yang had long grown accustomed to this kind of pain. He was particularly grateful that the attack hadn't landed on Yun Zhao; his small frame wouldn't have been able to withstand it.

The spiritual dog's body fell heavily, its golden fur covered in the raised dust.

Before closing his eyes, Sun Yang seemed to catch a glimpse of Yun Zhao anxiously rushing over...

He wanted to take another look, but his eyelids felt heavy, too heavy even to lift...

"This is the precious child of our clan. Let's name him Sun Yang."

Sun Yang woke up in a vast expanse of white clouds, and the past scenes unfolded before his eyes.

His father held the newborn puppy high, his face filled with joy as he faced the sunlight. "Sun Yang, grow up quickly and cultivate diligently to bring honor to our entire clan!"

The little puppy rubbed its eyes with its front paws and responded with an innocent whimper, causing laughter to erupt from the people around.

He saw the golden puppy being held and twirled by his father and brothers, running and playing in the mountains without a trace of worry, with its ears flying.

It wasn't until a desolate rainy night that his loving father threw him out of the palace like trash, accompanied by several indifferent elders who stared coldly from behind.

The golden little puppy didn't understand why his father was angry. Suppressing the rising fear in his heart, he boldly nestled at his father's black boots, flipping over to expose his soft belly, seeking affection.

But this time, he didn't receive his father's embrace. He was kicked away like a ball, and as he stood up, all he could see was his father and older brothers leaving.

The people around him gradually changed their attitude towards him. Bereft of playmates, he wanted to seek solace in his mother's palace, only to witness his mother sewing new clothes for the child in her womb.

That gentle and loving expression would never belong to him again.

Sun Yang became the loneliest member of the entire Immortal wolf clan. During a hunting ritual, he followed his father and brothers into the mountains, but ended up rolling down a hillside.

His father and brothers stood at the mountain pass, looking down at him with indifference as always.

Then, without any nostalgia, they turned and left.

In an instant, Sun Yang understood their meaning. As a non-shapeshifting spiritual dog, he held no value in the clan. He began to wander alone among the mountains.

When tired, he would find a cave to sleep in, and when hungry, he would search for mountain chickens and wild rabbits to fill his stomach before aimlessly continuing his journey.

Scenes flashed before his eyes, and Sun Yang sobbed and whimpered, lying on the clouds.

"Sun Yang."

A familiar voice sounded, and Sun Yang raised his head, using his moist puppy eyes to search for the source of the sound.

It was Yun Zhao.