𝕮⃟Hapter 15

»𝐶⃪15«
:THE ORIGIN OF THE LITTLE DOG

Ao Yu was frozen in place by Yun Zhao's sudden remark, only moving back to his original form when Yun Zhao finished tidying up the dog's bowl.

"Are you going to sleep?" Yun Zhao asked him.

The little dragon inside the soft cushion covered his hot dragon horn with his tail and impatiently hummed.

Yun Zhao glanced at the sky outside the window and realized it was indeed getting late. He then prepared a small nest with a blanket and moved the spirit dog into it.

Concentrating his spiritual energy, Yun Zhao gently stroked along the dog's spine, allowing the warm spiritual aura to dispel any uneasiness.

Thunder roared outside, and the bamboo forest swayed in the wind, but Sun Yang found himself immersed in the warm and cozy nest, greedily savoring a tranquility he had never experienced before.

The amber-eyed dog blinked incessantly, fixated on the young man who spoke softly and rhythmically in front of him, gradually succumbing to drowsiness.

If time could stand still, he wished it would freeze in this moment forever.

...

The next morning, the rain outside the window hadn't stopped. Fortunately, today was the day to deliver to the wolf clan, so Yun Zhao had no plans to go down the mountain and set up a stall.

When he woke up, he saw the spirit dog still sound asleep. So, he went to the kitchen with the rabbits to make bread since the wolf clan had ordered a thousand pieces.

The rabbits worked in harmony, cooperating with Yun Zhao to busy themselves on the small rabbit bread production line all morning, finally placing the last batch of bread in the oven shortly before noon.

Wiping away the sweat from his forehead, Yun Zhao prepared to start cooking lunch when Ao Yu pushed the door open, holding some fresh meat in his hands.

Lately, Ao Yu had been spending more and more time in his human form, which was a positive change.

Ao Yu placed the meat on the stove and, seemingly finding too many rabbits here, raised his chin and urged, "I'm hungry, cook quickly."

Then he left the kitchen.

"Alright."

Yun Zhao pondered for a moment, realizing that simply eating meat wouldn't suffice. So, he took out some sticky rice, washed it, and asked the rabbits to pick fresh green beans from the spiritual field. After peeling them, he mixed them with the rice, poured sesame oil and soy sauce into the pot, and started steaming.

As for the meat Ao Yu brought, Yun Zhao kept a few pieces of ribs for grilling in the evening and minced the rest into ground meat.

The slender-bodied youth used a knife to chop the meat on the cutting board with a rhythmic "dang dang dang" sound, causing the rabbits gathered nearby to unconsciously take a step back and swallow their saliva.

Once the ground meat was finely chopped, Yun Zhao added seasoning to it. After everything was in order, he scooped out a spoonful of the steamed sticky rice.

"Hu hu... it's so hot..." Yun Zhao blew gently on the rice ball, using it as a filling inside the minced meat.

Little Black Rabbit hopped onto the stove. "Master, the frying pan is ready!"

"Thank you. Keep an eye on the fire and make sure it's not too strong."

"Yes, don't worry." Little Black Rabbit patted his chest and held a fan as he jumped down to monitor the heat.