𝕮⃟Hapter 69

⟣•69•⟢
: VISITOR IN THE MOUNTAINS

• • •
The sports event concluded successfully, and Xiaguang and Master Kongming had finished their meal. They played with their divine beasts for a while before preparing to bid farewell and leave.

Since Chihua Peak was too far away, it was not convenient for Bai Yu and Si Wuchen to come often. Therefore, they planned to visit the Wolf Clan and have a drink with Lady Xianyue.

Yun Zhao had arranged a palace specifically for their guests to stay in, making it convenient for Xuanming to spend some quality time with his master.

Expressionless, Xuanming glanced at Bai Yu, who had been playfully hugging and teasing the falling snow, then used his claws to scrape the stones twice.

It seemed that his purpose of coming here specifically to visit his master was not really needed at the moment...

Yun Zhao, who had made all the arrangements, stretched lazily and went back to his room to sleep with Ao Yu. Occasionally, such gatherings were quite enjoyable for them.

After the sports event, Yuming Mountain returned to its peaceful days, until one day when Yun Zhao woke up to find a bone-chilling cold wind and intermittent cold rain mixed with scattered snowflakes outside the window.

Yun Zhao put on a thick light blue brocade robe and brewed hot tea on the tea table near the window.

The young man's robes were custom-made by Ao Yu. This winter outfit was embroidered with exquisite dragon patterns using silver thread, giving it an elegant and noble appearance.

Le Huang looked at the young man who rarely dressed so exquisitely and whispered to his little companion with satisfaction, "Yun Zhao looks really good today."

Luo Xue also raised his head to take a glance and nodded in agreement.

Yun Zhao looked at the lazily gathered divine beasts at the entrance of the dormitory palace and couldn't help but sigh, "If you feel cold, why don't you go back inside?"

Wu Mu leaned against Sun Yang's fur and lazily raised his paw to scratch his itchy ear tip, "But we also want to see the snow."

"It won't come down for a while, I suppose..." Yun Zhao poured himself a cup of hot tea and sipped it slowly, looking puzzled at the sky outside the window. "It's strange, the temperature dropped so quickly."

...

At the foot of the mountain.

Dark clouds loomed low, and the damp and icy air permeated every corner of the forest. The dense greenery appeared dim, and fallen leaves scattered around. A crow emitting black energy perched on a bare tree branch.

Just as it spread its wings and was about to let out a few cries, its neck was abruptly severed by the golden radiance of a dragon soul. It fell straight down into the muddy ground.

The completed Dragon Soul gracefully hovered in the air before obediently dissolving back into the White-Haired Dragon Lord's side.

Ao Yu looked at the abyssal crow on the ground and clasped his hands in his sleeves, calmly focusing on a certain spot.

"Come out."

A cold voice resonated through the forest, disrupting the subtle tranquility amidst the rain curtain.

The rustling of dried leaves filled the air as a black python, emitting serpent hisses, slithered from a nearby location. Its dark scales glistened under the cold rain.

It locked its gaze onto Ao Yu's icy stare and coiled its way up the nearest old tree, extending its triangular-shaped head in Ao Yu's direction.

Just as the crimson serpent tongue emerged from its mouth with a hiss, Ao Yu swiftly swiped with a white light, causing the dark snakehead to instantly fall to the ground and disintegrate into a black mist.