𝕮⃟Hapter 29

»𝐶⃪29«
: FEAST OF THE IMMORTALS

• • •

Beneath the shade of flowers, the candlelight flickered.

Behind the white jade screen, the sound of silk strings gradually emerged, and the wind chimes hanging from the four corners of the eaves echoed with the breeze.

Amidst the elevated platform, maidens in green dresses entered in an orderly manner, presenting jade porcelain plates with dishes to the distant guests.

Upon witnessing such a grand scene, the Flower Goddess knew that the seemingly elegant and beautiful lady by her side was still the competitive and ambitious young girl from the past.

The maidservants respectfully withdrew after a slight bow, and the Flower Goddess glanced at her own porcelain plate, becoming momentarily stunned.

Placed amidst the jade plate was a blooming white lotus, bathed in a light golden broth and garnished with a few bright red goji berries, resembling an exquisite ink painting.

It was her beloved shrimp-stuffed lily!

The Flower Goddess picked up a piece with her jade chopsticks and tasted it. The lily was both sticky and sweet, without a hint of bitterness, while the enveloping shrimp was smooth, tender, and chewy. As she bit into it, the broth burst forth, leaving a fragrant taste on her lips and teeth.

"The flavor is excellent," praised the Flower Goddess.

Madam Xianyue covered her mouth and smiled, modestly saying, "It's just a common dish. Immortal friends, please do not disdain its simplicity."

Qing Jiao remained silent, wondering who she was referring to.

Next, the maidservants presented dishes such as Bauhinia flower dumplings, lamb with straw mushrooms, and steamed seafood. The consecutive array of exquisite and visually appealing dishes dazzled the immortals' eyes.

Many of the visiting celestial beings below the elevated platform couldn't help but be curious upon seeing the Bauhinia flower dumplings. "What's that? Are they eating flowers?"

"It's local produce," Ah Yan stood on a protruding rock, picking a branch of Jacaranda flowers and gesturing to them.

"These dumplings are made specifically with the petals of the Jacaranda flowers unique to our wolf tribe. They are wrapped in minced mushrooms and cooked in a high-quality broth. The taste is marvelous!"

Ah Yan reminisced about the flavor he had tasted that day and described it, causing everyone's mouths to water. Their gaze toward the elevated platform became even more eager.

After taking a few bites, Master Kongming sighed and put down his chopsticks.

His old friend swallowed the food in his mouth and asked in confusion, "What's wrong? Doesn't suit your palate? Then give it to me."

He was about to pick up his chopsticks and reach for the jade butterfly on his friend's plate.

Master Kongming quickly raised his chopsticks and struck his friend's hand back, glaring at him. "Forget it, wishful thinking!"

"Then why are you sighing? I thought you were being picky!" His friend touched his hand back with a hint of grievance.

Master Kongming gazed at the exquisite dishes on the plate and lamented, "I just regret that such delicious food couldn't be enjoyed by those two little kittens, Luo Xue and Wu Mu. It would be nice if I could take this with me..."

As he spoke, he actually started to open his storage bag and stuff the food inside.

His gaze occasionally flickered towards the plates of his other friends nearby.