𝕮⃟Hapter 49

»𝐶⃪49«
: SNOWY WHITE PLUM BLOSSOMS

• • •
Bai Ze sighed as he used his magic to tidy up the scattered flower leaves that had been ravaged by wind and rain in the courtyard. He heard the faint sound of rustling leaves behind him.

Turning around, he was surprised to see two people returning.

Ao Yu's robe was tattered and stained with blood, though his complexion wasn't too pale. He held a young man in his arms as he walked towards Bai Ze.

Bai Ze quickly went up to him, giving his friend a thorough once-over and exclaiming, "Heavens, how kind of the Heavenly Dao! I see no difference between you now and before being struck."

"Then you should try it yourself," Ao Yu glanced at him sideways, his response indifferent.

Bai Ze forced a dry laugh and muttered under his breath, "I wouldn't dare provoke a thunder calamity. The Heavenly Dao likes obedient and sensible divine beasts like me."

Ao Yu couldn't be bothered to respond to him. He held the person in his arms tighter and continued walking towards the house.

Within the redwood corridor, the mountain flowers bloomed tranquilly. Bai Ze curiously followed behind, tilting his head to look at the young man leaning against Ao Yu's chest. He asked, "What happened to Yun Zhao?"

"He was affected by the residual pressure of the thunder calamity. He just needs to sleep for a while," Ao Yu gazed at the young man's peacefully sleeping face, his eyes filled with indescribable tenderness.

"I've been saying not to let him enter the bamboo forest. Now look what happened. He couldn't even go a few days without falling into a deep sleep. He really doesn't take care of his body. We can't let those brats learn from him, otherwise, it will be difficult to manage in the future..."

Bai Ze continued to prattle on behind Ao Yu, getting more and more excited as he spoke, without realizing he was about to collide with a suddenly closed door.

"Um!" Bai Ze rubbed his forehead, which was sore from the impact, and slapped the door, shouting, "I'm worried about the two of you too! Why don't you listen to what I have to say!"

However, the only response he received was a warning from inside the house: "Keep making noise, and I'll shave off all your fur."

Bai Ze: "..." He was furious.

He discreetly kicked the door threshold, tucking his hands into his sleeves, and left grumbling like an angry old man, "You heartless bastards..."

...

Yun Zhao slept deeply, and when he woke up, his head was still a little dizzy. Thin layers of gauzy curtains were draped in front of the bed, making it hard for him to distinguish whether it was daytime or nighttime. Only the familiar and comforting fragrance lingered around his nose.

Instinctively, Yun Zhao turned his head and saw Ao Yu leaning beside him, flipping through scrolls.

The little dragon's horns were retracted, and his cascading white hair mingled with the black strands near the pillow.

As if sensing the young man's gaze, Ao Yu turned his head and said, "Awake? Go back to sleep a little longer."

Yun Zhao still felt a bit dizzy, staring blankly at the person in front of him. In the deep, light golden eyes, he could only see his own foolish expression reflected, prompting him to instinctively wrap his arms around the waist of the little dragon.

"Um..."

The crisp and refreshing breath was like sparse white plum blossoms peeking over the wall during a light snowfall. Yun Zhao took a deep breath, finding the scent so delightful that it made his heart tremble.