𝕮⃟Hapter 70

⟣•70•⟢
: UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS

• • •
As Ao Yu led Yun Zhao back to Yuming mountain, he blushed and hurriedly entered the house.

Ao Yu's lips curled up, his eyes filled with indescribable warmth.

When Bai Ze and the rabbits returned from the spiritual field, they saw Ao Yu with a beaming smile. They wondered how he managed to come back from the foot of the mountain after killing some demons and ended up looking like he was covered in blossoms, dazzling to the point of blindness.

Bai Ze approached and suddenly stopped, furrowing his brow. "What did you encounter? It reeks of evil spirits, disgustingly foul!"

Bai Ze was a divine beast who favored pure energies in the world, and he was particularly sensitive to the abyssal aura. He carefully observed Ao Yu, the vertical pupils in his eyes not fully dilated yet, indicating that he had encountered a formidable level of evil spirits.

"It's Zhu Shi."

"What!"

Ao Yu's voice remained calm, but to Bai Ze's ears, it thundered like an explosion.

Among the many abyssal fiends and evil spirits, Zhu Shi was the most troublesome. Ao Yu had fought against him several times, and in their final battle, both of them suffered serious injuries. It was unexpected that Zhu Shi had recovered so quickly.

Bai Ze's expression turned grim. If Zhu Shi had come knocking, it was likely more than a mere provocation. Zhu Shi took pleasure in amplifying human malice and feeding on it for power. The abyssal realm, that wretched place, probably could no longer satisfy him...

"Are you planning to go to the abyss?" Bai Ze guessed, his worry evident.

Ao Yu nodded but added an explanation, "I will prepare before going. Don't worry, I don't intend to leave my life there."

Bai Ze looked at him in surprise, clicking his tongue in amazement. "I can't believe such words of cherishing life come from your mouth."

"In the past, you would have..." Bai Ze paused, recalling the past and his face darkened. He imitated Ao Yu's tone, lowering his voice, "Don't bother me. Guarding the abyss is my duty."

The more Bai Ze thought about it, the more amused he became. He continued to mimic Ao Yu, becoming addicted to it, oblivious to the slightly narrowed eyes behind him.

"Bang!"

A spell was cast, and a bright white light flashed in the courtyard. The chattering Bai Ze blinked and was transformed into a plump little white duck.

"Quack quack quack?" Bai Ze was shocked.

Ao Yu withdrew his hand and turned around, heading towards the hot spring without paying any attention to Bai Ze's dismayed voice.

Bai Ze anxiously tried to undo the enchantment but found himself powerless compared to Ao Yu. He couldn't break free for the moment, causing him to spin in place in frustration.

Suddenly, he felt a shadow looming overhead. Bai Ze turned his body and saw two kitten cubs crouching low, their round cat eyes shining eerily.

"Quack quack quack!" Bai Ze flapped his wings and dashed away, with the kittens following closely behind, creating a lively scene in the courtyard.

...

Yun Zhao finished drying his hair inside the house and heard the ongoing commotion in the courtyard. Curiosity piqued, he pushed the door open and stepped outside.

The rain had stopped, but the temperature seemed to have dropped a few degrees. The gloomy sky cast a faint gray curtain over the entire mountain.

In the courtyard, Wu MU and Luo Xue wagged their tails joyfully, using their claws to playfully poke at a plump white duck. The panicked duck continuously quacked and flapped its wings, darting around the yard.