》Chapter Ten.

Edited by: _rose

****

My sight is blurred as I come back in contact with reality. As the tears finally leave my eyes, I can make out the shadow that is standing right in front of me. He's bent a bit on the side, his hand over his cheek and his eyes so wild, I think he's shocked. I stare at my feet not really understanding what's going on. Why are we so silent, especially Harry.

Why isn't he yelling at me as he always does?

I've never hit anyone in my entire life because I am not the kind of person who uses violence, but Harry. Harry exasperated me so much I lost control and took my frustration out on him.

Yeah, perhaps Harry didn't deserve me slapping him, but sure as hell I didn't deserve him looking at me with such disgust like I was the most nauseating creature he has ever laid his stupid gaze on.

Again a sob escapes my lips and I groan frustrated, spinning on my heels and running to the door. My leg still hurts but I don't care, the only thing I want to do, is running as fast as I can manage to reach the other side of this bloody maze and get home in my safe room, where I can seek repair from his judgemental tone.

"I couldn't be able to show my face around with you next to me."

How could he say such thing to me?

What have I done to him? I don't even like him in that way, I just wanted to help him. To show him that kindness doesn't always requires a payment for it.

The truth is that Harry doesn't want to be saved, he's fine being an asshole, he doesn't even see he has a problem and probably will end up all alone.

I glance up to the hedge and back down to my sore ankle. I will never reach the other side without exciting pressure on it and worsen my condition.

I shrug and approach it, it doesn't matter if I won't be walking ever again, I want to get away. That's when I hear it, clear and strong.

'' Jade!'' Someone shouts and my heart comes back to life.

'' Jade?'' The voice murmurs something under its breath and I find myself smiling.

'' Louis!'' I yell back hitting with my fist the hedge. '' Louis I'm here!''

'' Jade? Keep talking, I can't find you.'' I rest my cheek against the green wall made of leaves and try to collect myself.

'' Louis, I'm on the other side of the maze.'' I start climbing. My sore foot aches badly while I lift myself up to reach the top but as hopeless as I am, I don't feel much. The only thing I can focus on, is Louis and his comforting arms.

'' Jade? Jade, where are you?''

I plunge my fingers into the hedge and pull myself on the top of the edge. I spot Louis soon after, looking around in a frenetic way that makes my chest aches. He's worried sick, his face is pale and his eyes are wide, restlessly searching for any trace of me.

'' Lou!'' I scream and his head snaps in my direction in no time. '' Lou'' I whisper.

The pain in my leg is unbearable, I feel I'm about to faint if I don't take some painkillers soon. The bandages Harry used, is the only thing that keeps me together at the moment.

I don't know why he took such good care of me ,healing every single of my scratches, only to have me crumble at his feet blow after blow. I don't know what's wrong with him, and from now on, I will make sure not to inquire any further. He's not worth my time anyway.

'' Are you hurt?'' Louis doesn't leave my eyes while he asks and by the time he manages to find his way to me, I hop off from the hedge. Louis' petite hands braces my hips to keep me steady. I drag him to me and hug him tightly.

'' Jade?'' I hide my face in the crook of his neck and Louis patiently rubs his hand on my back, trying to calm me down.

'' What happened? Missus Alice told me you were nowhere to be found and I got scared, you never disappear without first telling me. I didn't know what to do, don't ever do that again Jade, please.'' I fist his shirt and shake my head to give him my word. He tenderly cups my cheeks and with a quick look, takes in my feature..

'' What happened?'' He repeats and I shut my mouth, not wanting to tell him.

I just wish for this to be over. I want to go home, take a shower and collapse on my bed for a couple of hours.

'' Nothing.'' I force myself to answer and my eyes fall to the ground.

'' Nothing? Are you even aware of how poorly you look? Bambi had a happier face when they killed his mother, you know?'' I roll my eyes and try to walk past him but Louis keeps me in place, causing me to snap.

'' Let me go!'' I overreact by scrolling his hands away from me.

'' Not until you tell me what happened. Did someone hurt you?'' I stay silent and rip his fingers from my shoulders, throwing them off. It's useless though, as I take a step to Louis' right, his arms clap around me and I'm pressed against his body.

'' Louis!'' I warn him. It's not that I could harm him in anyway, I just want this to stop. I want to go home and forget everything.

'' Who did this to you? Who dared to hurt you?'' I shake my head and struggle into his embrace.

'' No one. Leave me alone! I just fell.'' I cry out kicking my feet into the air.

'' Don't lie to me Jade. Don't even try... I know you, you're clumsy as fuck but this is not due to a single fall. Somebody had their hands on you, who?''

'' I don't know what are you talking about!''.

'' Who?'' He repeats more authoritatively and I dart my attention away only to have him more upset and angry. '' It's so obvious someone did this to you. You are shaking so hard. So why don't you just tell me before I'll find out myself.''

'' I told you what happened. I fell, I'm always tripping around, that's not news.'' Louis raises his eyebrow at me and crosses his arms to his chest.

I start strolling away. Louis abruptly turns me around, my back smashed against the shrubs, and I see the rage burning into his blue eyes. I see the betrayal shining so bright into his gaze. I can tell he doesn't like me lying to him, I never did it to be honest.

His mind his running wild, studying all the possible scenarios and it's messing with his head. He's so hurt by me, by my silence and by the fact I don't trust him enough to just spit out the truth.

'' Jade, just tell me. Please.'' He's begging me, what could worst than Louis actually begging me to tell him about a stupid incident?

I start shaking, my body moves feverishly to get him off of me.

'' No, leave me alone, you're hurting me. I swear, Louis, I'm fine.''

'' No, you're not!'' He yells back and again my back makes contact with the hedge causing me to flinch in pain.

I try to gain my sight back by opening my eyes, and lock them with Louis. He looks shocked too for how harshly he's reacting.

'' You!'' Another voice adds to ours, and me and Louis both turn, startled for the unexpected intrusion.

''Get your hands off of her right fucking now!''

Saying I'm as white as a ghost would be a misunderstanding, because a spirit would have more life than me. When I make contact with those green orbs I've hoped not to see ever again, my legs shake and I hold into Louis trying to not fall as Harry strolls faster towards us.

***

Thank you if you read.

Thank you if you vote.

Thank you also if you don't xx