》Chapter Eighty-One

Edited by: _rose

Jade's Pov

I taste blood in my mouth and his fingers loosening the grip on my strands as I finally spring free from his claws. I lunch for the shovel but it's already in Harry's hands. He quickly swings it until it hits Zayn's back, making him fall on his knees. That was so satisfying, so much more than just a knee in the balls. I tremble and sob, amazed and frightened by the scene before my eyes. I hear sirens at distance howling for me, maybe I did something bad and I'm finally gonna pay for it so that I can move on with my life. Harry comes to my side, I kneel down and grab Zayn's gun and stare at it for a moment.  Before I can't stop myself, I find the cane pointed to Zayn's head and stay just there. I could do it, with just one quick movement of my finger I could take my revenge and my tickets out of this hell.

I feel Harry's tips touching my cheeks and making sure every piece of me is on place. I wish it was this simple. But there's no more piece to put in place, I'm not shattered anymore I feel disintegrated like a useless fist of dust. There's nothing left of the old Jade inside of me, I know this because she would have never, ever thought of murdering someone and tonight I have, more than once actually.

Harry's thumb brushes over my mouth, wiping away the blood; just one word slips out of his lips and I feel my arms falling to my side.

"Jade." I raise my eyes to look at him, he can't stop petting my hair as if he is making sure I am safe and sound.

"I'm a monster." Is all I can manage to say however Harry hushes me and takes me inside his arms, bringing me to safety.

"Nonsense." He comforts me and I hold on to him, shaking and scoffing because I can't believe what they turned me into.

As the police approach, Harry takes the gun out of my fingers and shoves it into my crotch, putting the safety on just in case. He takes his palm out of my pants and I notice he's bleeding copiously.

"Harry!" I scream and he narrows his eyebrows at me as he follows my glare.

Not Harry, please. I reach with my arm inside his hoodie and when I take it out, it is covered in blood. Harry simply winces, probably the adrenaline is still running in his blood, preventing him from feeling any type of pain.

"It's nothing." He assures me but I don't listen. Luckily the ambulance is the first  coming to the scene assuring us that Zayn is alive, before taking him into custody. Then they come visiting Harry, stripping him of his shirt and I'm thankful the weapon is on me instead of him. I assure them I'm fine and just I'm about to wonder who the hell called the cops, a car pulls at the far end of the beach and a very barely dressed women in a nightgown comes running towards me.

She has ghastly eyes and messy hair wrapped with a pin over her head. She didn't get the time to dress, she jumped out of bed and came here, I'm sure.

"Jade! Thank God, you're safe." She hugs me cutting my breath out and leaving me a little dizzy. "You stupid, stupid girl. I knew your father would leave some dumb message in that book, I shouldn't have left you alone with it. What were you even thinking, Jade? What? What if you weren't lucky this time? What if he killed you? Oh, Jade. You're my life, I can't live without you please don't so something this stupid ever again." She's in tears, leaving wet kisses all over my face and I don't' know why, but they calm me down. My mother's warmness is taking me to a safe harbour washing my dirty soul.

"How did you know I was here?" I tell Milton who's telling them to search the surroundings.

"Your mother couldn't sleep, she came to check on you and you two were gone. Luckily for me, I put a tracker in Harry's phone and we found you." I look out for Harry, who's sited on the ambulance not far away, with people all around him.