》Chapter Sixty-Six

Edited by: _rose 

Harry's POV

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Finn asks handing me a McDonald take out. I just take a sip of the milkshake and put it aside, not really hungry these days.

" Gus said the signal from the cell phone that texted Jade came from around here and I'm sure somebody is in that cave." I point to the abandoned mine, ignoring Finn's pitiful look. I know it's crazy but my guts tell me to stay put here and that's what I'm going to do.

" They probably just tossed the phone inside there and run for the hills since no one would be so foolish to go checking. Louis said this place is hard to reach and that nobody ever visits it since the incident. But we have been here since two days and there's no proof of living in that cave, I think we should go home."

" What do you think?" I inquire glancing at Peter pan boy who has been sited with me the whole time. We haven't said a word to each other since we got here, we mutually ignore one another, very focused on finding Jade. It's pretty cool to have supportive backups that don't do chitty chat, unlike Finn.

" I'm staying." I shrug at Finnon and he rolls his eyes, mumbling that his ass hurts.

We are hidden in the same spot Jade's father used to take them when he was at lunch, under a giant oak three. I'm sipping at my beverage when we hear it, loud and clear, the sound of a vehicle approaching. I startle, peeking from behind the tree and so do the other two. We keep quiet, eyes on the black van who pulls into the bay and parks right in front of the cave's entrance.

Everything falls silent and then something at the side of the entrance moves and a big rock is pushed away to let five people getting out. Three of them are wearing hoods that prevent me from recognizing them, the fourth is a very well-known face that swings back and forth her red hair as she tries to fight back.

" Jade." I hear Louis whispering as he points to the second man in the middle holding something in his arms; it looks like her body is lifeless, but she is just asleep.

I suck in my breath and before I know, my legs are moving. I jump over the tree trunks and run as fast as I didn't know I could, towards them.

" Harry!" Finnon screams making everybody turn to look at me. Damn stupid boy. I curse under my breath but don't stop. There's no way they will prevent me from getting Jade out of their hands. They have to shoot me down and as to prove me right, I see one of them loading what looks like a gun. The second hooded figure comes in my direction, trying to tackle me. I skid to the side moving past him as I aim for the van.

" Jade!" It comes out so loud, birds start flying out of their nests all around us. There's a click noise breaking all the racket and before I know, I have a gun pointed right to my head. There's no way I'll avoid the bullet just like there's no reason for me to stop from reaching the only thing that truly matters to me. Without her, in fact, I can welcome the bullet like the oldest of friends because nothing makes sense if I can share it with Jade, not even my whole life.

I see the man pulling the safety and getting ready but before he can do shit, a loud bang irrupts into the bay, causing him to loosen the grip on the gun. He reaches for his hand, trying to stop the bleeding from the hole that just appeared. I turn around and see Louis, eyes pointed on the target, hands perfectly still as he walks towards me with a weapon in his fingers.

" Next one goes to your head man."

When I finally reach the van, the man who was holding Karen, comes facing me, leaving her completely unguarded. She doesn't waste time, turns her back on us and just flees, not even bothering to help Jade's out. Not that I'd blame her, she has nothing at stake here besides her own life.