》Chapter Seventy

Edited by:  _rose

Jade's pov.

I didn't sleep last night after Cole left. I had nightmare after nightmare of what could have happened in this very room. Though I'm not mad at Cole, I feel dirty inside for the moment we shared, for how his fingers run up and down my entrance trying to arouse me. I'm grateful since I could have ended up in a bigger  mess than this, but just because something is less awful, doesn't mean it's okay it happened.

I grab a pillow, pressing my cheek against it. It's not wet, I haven't shed a single tear since I was alone and I don't know why. I should be a waterfall of drops, yet all my brain can think about is the apocalyptic scenario of Harry finding out about tonight. It breaks my heart knowing that even when I'll get out of this hell, its flames will still be haunting me. 

" Rain?" A faint knock on the door breaks the quite breath of the dawn.

I don't answer so he comes in anyway, getting under the covers right next to me. Our eyes meet in the pale light and he tucks me in a little more before resting his cheek over his joined palms.

He's very considerate of me and I'm thankful for it.

" Can't sleep, uh?" He's trying to lighten up the mood, I'm just too worn out to let him.

" Why did you save me? I know you wanted to end this in another way, so why didn't you?" Cole takes a moment to collect his thoughts, licks his lips before speaking. 

"I don't know, I told you-"

" Liar." I whisper, my voice is raspy for the lack of talking.

A smirk appears on his lips and suddenly moves from his side to his back, staring at the ceiling afraid of this type of intimacy. 

" I'm not like that." He explains after a while. I stay put so that he can keep on explaining.

" I don't go around ruining sweet girls like you. My mother didn't raise me like that, she used to tell me: don't do to girls what you don't want other guys to do to your daughter one day, because Karma is a bitch, it always comes back to bite your ass. She was a decent human."

" Where is she now?" I inquire gaining a sigh from Cole.

" Dad took her off of my radar long time ago. I'm his only son, that's why I haven't died yet but my mother was replaceable, like you are." Wait what?

" Your mother was a doll for rich people too? No way." He nods and starts playing with his fingers, his chest is bared and kissed by the blue light peeking through the window.

" She was and my father was completely subjugate by her. Although when things became too serious, the chief of the organization called her back, paid her very well to ran away and I had to stay with my father. She tried to reach out, sending me anonymous letters, begging my father to let me meeting her; he never accepted. When I turned eighteen, the mail stopped coming. I have no idea what happened to her. Last time she wrote to me, she said she was working part time at a restaurant in California." 

" Have you tried to reach her lately?" He shakes his head.

" A part of me doesn't want to know what happened to her.. I don't want to cause her any drama, she has been through a lot already and I've got everything I want anyway."

" Yeah but you don't have her." Another sigh fills the room and Cole closes his eyes not wanting to keep going with this conversation.

I scoop closer, resting my nose in the cave of his neck and letting him wrap my arms around me tightly.