》Chapter Fourty-Eight

Edited by: _rose

'' Who are you even talking about?'' Harry exhales infuriated and already bored with this conversation, then it clicks.

'' Jamie? Oh dear God no!" I defend myself, disgusted. He seems thrown off by all of this, as if he didn't expect honesty from me. How ironic.

'' Then why the hell, where you out alone with that freak?" Suddenly I'm faced by two green eyes, as sharp as a sword. "Everybody knows they need to keep their distance from guys like him. Yet there she is, walking hand in hand with the worst type of man!" His voice is loud, almost screaming at me.

'' He followed me out. I surely didn't invite him and I was upset. I didn't see where he was taking me!"

"Well, it was foolish of you to trust somebody you barely knew!" I shiver at his dark tone and scoff, exasperate.

'' Oh well. It's something I tend to do a lot, don't you think Harry?" I scold him but he ignores the remark.

'' Apparently! Do you have any idea of what could have happened?'' His head is shaking in denial, only thinking about it hurts him perhaps even more than it does to me.

" Why are you mad at me exactly?"

'' I'm not mad." His voice lowers drastically, as to prove me what he just stated. " I'm just astonished that a girl as smart as you, got caught up in the oldest trick in the world. I thought you were clever than that!"

" I'm sorry Harry, but even girls like me have moment of weakness and Jamie took advantage of it." I pass a hand through my hair, feeling drained and on the verge of tears again.

" I can't believe you! You're talking like those people who say She deserves it to a girl who just got raped and they blame her instead of him. You're doing the exact same thing!" Harry's eyes narrows, barely touched by my words. It's like he's living in his own damn world where he listens only to what he likes.

" What If I didn't make it on time?'' He questions me reaching for the back pocket of his pants to take out a pack of cigarettes. I see how his hands  are shaking as he picks one and brings it to his mouth. He looks exausted and so do i.

"How's your cheek?''

He puffs slowly massaging his forehead. I sit on the arm of the couch and stare at him. The moonlight flashes right into his face making his eyes look like a piece of ice.

'' Better, it doesn't hurt much." I see his long legs making their way towards me and move my head to the side to have a look, clearly not believing me in the slightest.

He hums yet doesn't say anything. He glares, and glares.

"Tired?'' I smile at him and he rolls his eyes amused.

'' C'mon. I'll take you to your dorm."

He crushes his cigarette in the ashtray heading to the door. Once he notices that I'm following him, he turns to face me with a puzzled look on his face.

I can't seem to make a coherent sentence. Harry just snorts and let his shoulders fall in surrender.

'' Fine, you can have the guest room. Just be quite." I nod, going to the room opposite to where Harry disappeared. I step inside and find the big bed next to two drawers. I search inside and find a few things. A unique size pj with clean towels some toothbrushes and other things that has never been touched.

Everything smells so fine and is perfectly clean. Yet I don't feel like sleeping once I get inside the covers.

I brush together my too long sleeves and bite down my lip, in the desperate attempt to think. It has been a hell of a night and my heart can't stop racing. Every time I close my eyes, Jamie flashes inside the darkness and throws his arms around me trying to suffocate me.