》Chapter Sixty-Four

Jade's Pov.

Karen eyes me very carefully, not moving a single muscle. She looks like she is used to this creepy atmosphere.

" What's going on?" I ask, trying not to panic as she knits her eyebrows looking at the long black tunnel where the noises are coming from.

"Don't say anything or you will get us in trouble."

" What? Are you insane, Karen? We're already in trouble." She places two fingers on her temple and shakes her head slightly, not pleased with my lack of discipline. How can I stay quiet and let them do whatever they want to me? The humidity of this place probably got to her head, she can't be serious.

There's a loud squeaking sound, followed soon after by the metallic noise of what seems like a gate of some sort then a dead stillness. I try to listen to anything, that could give me some clues about my surroundings, yet the only thing I can seem to catch is the flame that enlightens the torches, revealing three ghastly hooded figures.

I step back, watching as Karen places her ghosted glance on me, silently telling me to be calm and not to move.

I don't know if she knows what they're gonna do to me, but as soon as they set foot in my cage, the adrenaline runs wild  and I feel like I could rip anybody's limbs off  if they come closer.

I stare back at my inmate and she is once more mouthing me to be still. I don't know if I should trust her, she's the girl who's in love with Harry and tricked us to take him away from me.

Yet there is something, a spark in her eyes that makes me believe I can rely on her at least this once. She is in this with me after all and I'm planning on getting out alive.

I take a deep breath, clench my fists and wait as their hands run over my arms. I see the third man, the taller one with a scar on his left hand, standing a few feet away from me. I feel the hemostatic lace being tied up on my bicep and a little pinch. Before I understand what's going on, I'm blocked by the two of them as the third one fills three vials of my own blood.

I look up, being very confused and bewildered as they take the vials and simply leave my cage.

" What the hell was that?" I scream looking at Karen as she sits down on the cold ground, her skinny jeans a little dirty.

" Well, they took blood samples." She gives me an ironic smile that I burn with my very angry glare so she sighs and places her elbows on her knees, resting casually against the bars.

"For what? What are they gonna do with it?"

" I'm pretty positive it won't be for blood transfusion to any dying person." Again the sarcasm. Oh she just reminds me how and why I hate her so much.

" Can you be serious for a moment and fill me in on what is happening in this place? Why are we here and where have you been hiding?"

" Don't you get it, little dove?" She tears her eyes away from her hands and set them right inside of my soul, trying to put fear into me as she states: " I was trying to escape before they could catch me."

Wait a moment, wait a fucking moment.

" You know what this is all about? Am I in here because of you?" Because if I am, I'll bloody chew her up this time.

" No, darlin'. Unfortunately, you being here has nothing to do with me." Her fake displeased tone gets on my nerves.

" I haven't done anything wrong in my life, never hurt anyone. I have no reason to be here. You put me in this situation didn't you?" I am like a starving lion ready to launch at his pray, shame there are bars dividing the two of us.

" You're dumber than I thought. How did you get into Oxford, I wonder?"

" How do you even know?" This whole thing stinks so bad, nothing makes sense. She's circling on the matter not giving me the answers on purpose.

" Because, my darling girl, I was the one keeping an eye on you for them. I stalked your every step. I knew where you were all the moments of the day. Why do you think I was at the party that day, dummy? Harry was just a sweet distraction I let myself basking in when in reality I was after you the whole time." I'm fuming, my grip on the metallic bars is so tight, I could melt them. 

" You toyed with Harry's feelings, again?" It comes out like a bark, I can't sugar-coat anything any longer. " You disgusting little freak!" Karen seems not upset in the slightest by my outburst.

" Wait a second, You are not mad because I've been tipping off your kidnappers but because I had a fling with the curly boy?" She is astonished and at loss of words. I, on the other hand, could go on calling her names the whole day and never get tired once.

" You can bloody bet I am. You don't get to do that to Harry, you did enough already. You can't keep breaking him, you're sick. He loved you and you hurt him.. Have you any idea of how wrong that is?" Then I see something inside Karen switching, her green eyes becoming softer, like grass in the early hours of the morning as her eyes drop on the floor.

" Harry? Do you really think he loved me?" I try to fire back however she doesn't give me the time. " Harry never loved me, Jade."

" What is that supposed to mean? He was obsessed with you. It took him forever to get over what you have done to him." Karen then stands, her arms crossed as she paces back and forth, her shoulders are defeated, low.

" You don't get it, do you?" I stay quiet, not finding words to keep the conversation going.

" You don't know how he was with me. You don't have idea of why we ended things. Harry  and I were never a thing, like the two of you. I  have never let him getting any closer to my heart in that way even though I cared a little, i have to admit."

" Am I supposed to be okay with what you just said? Because leading on a little naïve boy isn't something I'm a very big fan of."

" You should, because the moment I understood that the occasional sex turned into something more deep that I surely didn't planned or asked for, I fled. We were just two friends sharing secrets, exploring new stuff together and having fun in his father's cabin, on my part at least. He was infatuated with my body, it was a very phisical relationship and the fact that we spent so much time in each other's company didn't help the cause. He thought he was in love with me but what he truly wanted, was to be with someone who wasn't part of his family. Someone who wouldn't value him for his grades and skills. He was nothing of that sort to me, I wasn't in need of real love at the time."

"Why do you have to be so sterile and cold about this?"

"Harry had a crush on me and I'm talking about it for what that is. A little boy who was infatuated with someone older.  We hang out a lot, I was a broke girl who had found in him a very resourceful alley. But that was it."

"You should be so ashamed of yourself. How can you not feel anything for the boy who cherished you and loved you so dearly?"

"Because I got payed to be exactly what he wanted, okay?"