》Chapter Sixty-Five

Edited by : _rose

Jade's Pov.

" You got paid to be with Harry?"

" Yes."

" I- I don't understand. Who would do such thing to someone like him. He's a good person, why would you trick him?"

" Because," The words almost get trapped into her mouth as she passes a hand through her hair smooth hair. " When you're at your lowest and don't see any way out, everything sounds better than your life, even a fake one. Besides, I didn't care about him in the slightest therefore, I didn't know what he was like. The only thing that mattered was that I had a purpose and I held on to that purpose with every inch of myself. I was  greedy, desperate and ambitious, not a really good combination to  care about somebody else's feelings. I was caught up in a very bad situation and they offered me a clean exit."

" You are the worst person I've ever met. What could possibly have been be that bad, you didn't think twice about screwing another person?" I yell at her.

"You really wanna know?" I nod, almost morbidly praying for her to tell me every single detail. 

 "Very well. At that time I had no parents, they killed themselves together like some kind of junky Romeo and Juliet. I wasn't an easy kid, they would take me from house to house, no sign of adoption on the horizon, not even the slightest. As soon as I had enough of being shown off as a prize, I fled the orphanage and vowed to never get back there. For a long time, it was just me and the cold heart road. Let me tell you, I learned the hard way how the street can be cruel and mean to pretty girls. But I had to survive, I wanted to survive so bad, that I sold the only thing I thought it could have some value. I found myself in a place where I was in need of  protection, man can be really vicious when they see a pair of big eyes. I went on like this, man after man and when they found me, they didn't even have to finish explaining, I went for it. I wanted to leave everything behind and I did. Therefore, Jade, can you say with that pure and spotless heart of yours, that I am indeed the worst person that you ever met? Are you like-?"

Karen gets quiet. I feel her gaze on me but my eyes are too full of tears to see anything. I feel like my throat is burning, the inside of my stomach is twisting. I feel so bad for her, I wish I wouldn't have said those things. That's what happen when you judge without taking the time to ask question to the person of interest. Serves me right.. just because I had a beautiful childhood with loving parents doesn't mean everybody had it as easy as I did.

" I'm sorry for what happened to you and for the things I said."

" That's fine. I deserved them, most of them anyway. I tried to steal your boyfriend, no wonder you wanted to rip me open." I giggle through the tears and place my head on the cold metal for some comfort.

" Why are you here Karen?" I then ask out of the blue only to hear her taking a very deep breath.

"Because you can't push feelings away forever. At some point, no matter how hard you try, the Pandora box will open and there will be no escape for you. We are programmed to experience and to feel. I only chose a very bad time to do so."

" What did you do to piss them off?" I try again hoping for a straight answer.

"I let my heart get in the way. They proposed me one last deal, if I could get you away from Harry and tear the two of you apart, they would have let me leave for Europe and never ask for my services again. I was okay with that, until I heard one of them talking about what they would do to you afterwards. They said something about unfinished business in the gardening of the Styles' residence. It didn't take me much time to connect the dots and the second I did, I felt so sick I walked out. Isn't it ironic? I am the person you despite the most, yet I'm the one who sacrificed everything for you. And I don't even like you."