》Chapter Sixty-Eight

Edited by: _rose

JADE'S POV.

"Sex? We can't have sex!" My lungs hurt from all the screaming. I've been arguing with Cole for the past hour, shouting at his face how crazy he is and begging him to find a solution that will relieve us from this burden.

" I didn't put you in this situation, don't be mad at me. I'm just trying to help. For as much as I'd like to be with a virgin, you give me a constant headache so I'll gladly pass the honour to somebody else." I fume from my nostrils stomping my feet as I grab my pillow and throw it right into his face.

" Oh don't bother having some kind of respect for me for me or my body, please. It's not like I'm a human being." Cole takes a deep breath, the pillow in his hands as he tries to reason with me.

" Look, I can have all the girls I want. Just take a look at me and you'll see how right I am. My father bought you to prevent me from going around screwing with girls because I caused a huge scandal last time."

" What happened?" Whatever it is, I don't want to end up like that girl for sure. I don't want to have anything to do with these people.

" Nothing really important, she got pregnant but the baby wasn't mine; she wanted the money to keep it quite. The usual." 

" And you are planning to do the same thing to me?" 

" I planned to staying as far away from you as possible the second you told me you didn't wanna have anything to do with me. I don't find pleasure into forcing somebody to be with me. It's not my thing, it makes me sick to believe there are men who just go for the target ignoring other's desires. But my father got in the way and I can't fight him. If I do, he'll send you away and if that happens, I'm sure you won't be that lucky with the next owner."

I know he's right. I wish I could stop being pissed at him ,but I can't ;  I'm too out of myself for this shitty situation, i need someone to blame or I'll go insane.

" I can't have sex with you."

" I know." He stops me midsentence and I glare while he takes a step closer throwing the pillow into the messy sheets. " I'm not blind, okay? You have somebody else inside that warrior mind of yours and believe me, I get it. But I can't do anything else, I tried everything I could already." I shake my head not believing a single word he is saying.

" That was your everything? Well, it sucks." I move past him and storm into the living room, throwing myself on the couch.

" Rain?" The uncertain voice of Cole comes from the other side of the room.

"My name is Jade."

" I can't call you that. I'm sorry." When he reaches me, he carefully joins me, keeping his hands out in case he has to catch me.

" I hate this! I hate this stupid bracelet, I hate you, I hate this place." Something soft lingers on my cheeks wiping a fugitive tear. I've been tearing up a lot lately and I don't like how it makes me feel..

" Let's just not think about this, now. We have a whole day ahead. Take a shower and get dress, I'll take you out for ice-cream, alright?"

" Really?"

" Yeah, but you have to promise not to run or it will get us both in trouble and this time, I won't be able to save you at all."

***

It's a beautiful frosty day, with the leaves falling from the trees, the sun blandly engulfing everything in a peaceful tone that kind of makes me forget the terrible night that awaits me.