》Chapter Fifty-Four

Edited by: _rose

" What?"

" I'm taking you out on a date, tonight."

" I can't go on a date with you, you can't be serious." He smiles down at me and moves a strand of hair off my face.

" I can and I will."

" Why?" Is all I can manage to say and he rocks on his heels, visibly embarrassed.

" Well... I know what you feel for me is strong and pure. Nevertheless, I want you to be sure you don't want me just because I'm good at making you come. I want you to care for me and love me with every beat of your heart."

I already do that Harry. And not just with my heart. But the words don't come out and I stay there staring up at him, like an idiot, leaving Harry hanging.

Sometimes my brain works in a very wrong way, it says things that shouldn't slip and seals others that should definitely escape my control. It frustrates me so much not being able to express how much I love Harry, the only thing I can do is raising on my feet and placing the most tender kiss on his cheek, lingering enough to let him know what I can't seem to formulate in words.

" I'll need to go and buy some clothes then."

" You could show up with a trash bag and a banana hat and still I wouldn't mind." I giggle at that, grabbing my purse.

" Can we go shopping? I promise I'll be quick." Harry being the gentleman he is, agrees and as soon as we have a nice breakfast, we leave for the mall.

When we get there, he presses to get in with me but I refuse.

" You're here just to accompany me,  stay in the car and wait or this will make no sense." He rolls his eyes and I stick my tongue out.

It takes me something like 30 minutes to find something and other 30 to convince myself I look great. I really need some girlfriend to help me deal with these crises. I'm totally out of my element here.

When I go to the cashier to pay, I spot a familiar dark head walking out of the store and I rush to stop her.

" Piper!" I call and she abruptly stop, causing me to crush against her back and almost stumble on the floor.

She looks around puzzled until she notices me and her eyes go wide in realization.

" Jade, girl. You scared the living shit out of me. What are you doing here? What did you get?" She takes a step closer and I open my bag.

" Wow. If this is for a boy you better prepare yourself for a long night.."

I'm afraid she catches me being  slightly uncomfortable about the topic, because her you-know-what-I-mean look disappears in a moment, replaced by a sweet and reassuring smile. She must pity me.

" I didn't mean to assume anything Jade. I'm sorry." She touches her pierced nose in embarrassment and shrug.

Her eyes soften and I look down at my feet, discouraged already by the all thing.

" Jade, there's nothing wrong with waiting. You do everything with your own timing and don't let anybody give you shit for it. I admire you, truly. The first time I had sex it was too soon and surely not with the right person. Now It's been years and I still regret it." She tries to cheer me up and I find myself very charmed by her ways.

" Anyway, if you're planning on doing it, you should buy some lingerie. If you aren't in a rush, I could show you where I buy mine, you know, even help you finding the right one?"