》 Chapter Fourty-Two

Edited by: _rose

We part ways at the bottom of  the stairs and I sneak into my room, falling heavenly on the mattress, desperately in seek of Morpheus.

It has been a very tiring day, I'm emotionl about everything that happened. Hopefully tomorrow it's going to be easier, Zayn will luckily fly down, Louis and Harry will avoid me and I'll focus on my job.

Right when I'm about to fall asleep, something snatches me from it and I awake, jolting up like a bend.

''Oh Christ!'' I whisper as I see a leather jacket climbing from my window before shutting it and pulling the curtains.

I need to lock that damn window at night.

'' Harry?'' I ask and he turns, his eyes merciless as he looks at me from head to toe.

'' Why? Were you exepecting somebody else?'' He sarcastically remarks and I boil with anger.

''Oh right, I guess you have the exclusive on my window, right?" I mock his tone and fold my arms to my chest.

'' In truth I do.'' I laugh and keep interrogating him. I shouldn't, only couple of moments ago I felt sorry for him, and now...here I am provoking  him again and again.

''I don't remember being bound to you in any way. In fact, when I asked you, I'm quite sure you weren't so eager to claim the exclusive over me or any of my windows." Harry's eyes look like thunderbolts as they try to hit me and turn me into dust for how much I'm hurting him at the moment.

'' You know why...what happened into the cabin...'' He stutters, I can't see very well, but I'm sure he's trembling, just like his words as he speaks.

'' Why didn't you want to talk about Louis?'' He diverts the argument, but I invented this game and I'm a better player than him.

'' Why don't you ever want to talk about your feelings?" Oh no. I shouldn't have said it. I can almost see Harry withdrawing like a hedgehog. You know what? I'm tired of being the only one tip toeing around him, he needs to know that sometimes I don't want to express my feelings, that I want to be left alone too. It's not that hard to comprehend.

'' You're just like her...'' He blurts out almost disgusted.

" I apologize Styles. I can't answer this statement of yours since I have no clue whom you're talking about. This fight has become already unfair; I have no argument that I can use."

I know I've pushed myself too far when I hear Harry sniffing softly in the darkness and I feel like a shitty person for it.

That's when I get up and search his touch, stumbling as a blind man towards a light he will never be able to see. I should follow the warmness, but there is none left.

The room is terribly cold so I just walk, letting my feet guiding me till my hands grab something smooth and soft. Harry's hands try to escape my touch, however I stop them, intertwining them with mine.

'' I'm just like who?'' I softly ask feeling his smell inebriate my senses.

Harry falls silent, his heart though, speaks thousands of words.

I can see how uncomfortable he is, how hurt and betrayed he feels. But there's not much I can do if he doesn't talk to me. I can't tell him I'm not like her if I don't know her. I wish I could reassure him, If I only knew what he's accusing me of.

'' Who is she?'' I plead with all the tenderness and patience I can manage to find. Still nothing.

I sight, not willing to let Harry's wrists slipping out of my hold.