》Chapter Sixteen.

Edited by: _Rose

'' Are you sure you can drive with just one arm?'' I ask Louis for what sounds like the thousandth time.

'' Yeah, it's not that they cut it off, Jade. Chill out.'' I roll my eyes and lean into the passenger seat with my eyes closed.

'' Jade. Are you okay?''

'' Yes, Boogie. I'm just tired. I'll start UNI in a bit and there's so much I need to do but so little time.'' Louis stays silent, totally not convinced.

'' Are you still thinking about him?'' He inquires lowering his voice, clearly letting me know he doesn't like the idea of me caring for someone like Harry.

'' Well, I guess I've been a bit harsh two days ago, still a part of me knows he deserved it. At least we're all happy now, aren't we?''

I get off the car, waving goodbye to Louis and heading to the servant's quarters to change.I get ready and stroll into the corridor but half way through it, I remember I forgot my phone into the room and run back.

I can't let it in there, not with that psycho still haunting my family. I swing the door open, almost tripping but freezing the second my eyes fall over a dark hooded shape. He, because it looks too massive to be a she, is randomly throwing his hands into my bag, searching for something.

I look around panicking and find pieces of broken glass shattered in the two opposite corners of the room. I have no idea where they came from however I move forward and grab the longest piece of glass I can find, shutting the door to let him know I'm here.

The shape straightens, a normal person would have run, yet I somehow couldn't wait to meet my secret texter and end this dumb game.

'' What do you want?'' I breathe out cutting my hand for how hard I'm holding the sharp item.

He looks up, his head stuck in between his shoulders while he analyses something before turning around and with long strides, running towards me.

I lift my hand ,nevertheless, he catches my wrist, squeezing so hard I let the glass fall. He pushes me into the door frame to warn me, I growl in answer.

His face is still half covered by the hood, I can barely make out anything since the room is still dark for how early it is. The atmosphere changes, his closeness awakes something within me that makes me react with desperation, so I get ready to kneel him in the crotch and then shove him to the ground. The stranger presses his body into mine cutting my way out and I wide my eyes as he lets one of my wrist go. I take the chance to punch him on his chest. He winces but doesn't back off. Instead he reaches for his hood and pulls it down with a quick movement.

I abruptly stop.

'' It's me'' He says, meeting my eyes. ''Would you please just stop struggling like a bloody octopus? Everybody will hear us.'' My jaw drops to the ground as his emerald eyes wonder over my body to check if I'm okay. I'm shocked to be honest, I wouldn't ever expect for Harry to be here. Not after all the things I've said.

'' What do you think you're doing?'' I say out of breath.

'' I was looking for this.'' He then takes out my phone from his pocket, his face becoming blank soon after.

'' My phone?'' I inquire raising an eyebrow in confusion, however Harry doesn't lose time answering my questions.

'' Why didn't you tell me?''

'' What?'' I fire back, deep down already knowing what he means.

'' About...him. Why didn't you tell me he was trying to hurt you?''

'' How did you know?'' I wonder looking at his barely covered neck.

'' I suspected it when I saw you panicking after receiving a text in the library and again in the hospital. After you read it, you exploded in my face like a bloody grenade. Your eyes, your eyes told me you were asking for help so I decided I would have give it a try, starting from your phone. I had nothing to lose anyway. I came here and broke all the cameras, so no one would have seen me, reading what he sent to you. Do you know who he is?'' I shake my head; I don't want to pull Harry in again. He's already too much far from his safe zone.

'' Jade, if you don't help me, we are never gonna get out..'' He explains and I try to break free from his grip but he just tightens it.

'' There's no we. You have nothing to do with this.''

'' But I do!'' He retracts, eyes burning into mine ''You said those things to keep me away from trouble. You protected me, you protect everyone you know without any doubt about it, so let me help you in return."

'' I don't need anything in return. I do it because it's right.''

''You can't do it all alone, let me help you, please.''

"I can't. He'll know. He'll hurt you. I can't let that happen.''

''Fuck him.'' I startle searching for his gaze. Is he serious?

''Did you hear what I just said? He's gonna harm you.'' Harry smiles down at me before passing his tongue over his lips. I stare, hypnotised for a moment, before his voice calls me back.

''Clearly... and the answer is still the same. Fuck him. I am not letting you alone in this, you tried to save me after all the bad things I've said to you, I owe you this Jade.''

''You don't owe me anything.''

''I want to.'' He corrects himself glaring at me with his eyes full of hope.

He doesn't understand what that monster will do if I let him in. I don't either, that stranger is so unpredictable.

''I don't. It's better this way.'' Harry shakes his head and catches mine in his hands, forcing me to look up at him.

'' You don't understand, do you? People like him will always want more till the point they will destroy you if you let them pull the strings without fighting back. Jade ,you have to fight back!'' I then break free from his hands and let the anger taking over me.

I'm not mad at Harry specifically, but I am upset because I can't do anything to tell him he's wrong, since he's not.

'' I can't. I can't do it. He will take it out on the people I love and I can't take it. Okay? I have already lost too much; I barely have something left.'' Harry then softens, his expression becomes sweet and I watch as he moves forward. I press myself to the door while his lips caress my forehead and his arms seize around me in a warm comforting hug.

''No one is going to leave you.'' I bury my face into the crook of his neck and tangle my hands into his hair. ''I am not going anywhere Jade.'' Harry massages my back and pets my hair tenderly, breaking the contact only to kiss my cheek every once in a while.

I know I'm glad to have him. I'm thankful he's here and that he's enough crazy to stick around with me.

The wind changes and Harry's minty scent invades my space fanning over my nose. I sense his silky sinful lips touching the tip gently, causing my body to explode in goosebumps.

I snap my eyes open just to catch him bending down.

His lips place themselves over my own. I stay there, completely still, while he lingers his touch on my skin. I'm paralysed and frozen, but in a good way.

Harry then catches my hand and I feel his fingers intertwined with mine while butterflies fly everywhere inside me, making me feel so light and in peace that I stop thinking altogether, pulling him closer.