》Chapter Sixty-Nine

Edited by: _rose

" Here. Let me have a look at that bruise." The tips of his finger brush over my cheekbone tenderly while he has a joint in his mouth and the smell is driving me nuts.

" Can you quit with that crap already?" He smiles, putting it on the ashtray as he opens a lotion that he spreads all around my right cheek.

" I'm sorry." He apologizes for his father behaviour as he makes sure nothing is broken and I'm just swollen.

" I've never been hit before." I blurt out not knowing why I'm pouring my heart out with a stranger.

" Yeah, I can tell. You got rainbows shooting from your ass and birds following you all around like motherfucking Disney princess." I pretend to be offended but I know he's right. 

" Rainbows are beautiful so I'll take that as a compliment." Cole sets his eyes on me, I don't why but I feel confused by the way he is looking at me. 

" We should probably get to bed." He states, it's 1 in the morning and we still haven't found a way out from this situation.

I don't know what to do beside getting up and following him to his room.

I'm shaking, a part of me wants to fuck up and just leave. But I can't because of my mother and the terrible things they promised to do to her if I quit.

I can't risk her life, she's the only family that I have and I love her so much that the thought alone of jeopardizing her, makes me feel uneasy. She has been my rock trhough the darkest of the storms, no matter how broken the boat was, she made it feel like the best of place on earth. 

The idea of me being naked with another man is revolting and I want to fight it so desperately. I close my eyes and set foot in the bedroom. It takes only a second for Cole to come and stand behind me. I stiff while his hands reach for my arms, smoothing my skin in the desperate attempt to calm me down.

" I have a plan." He whispers to my ear.

" What is it?" I ask as quietly as possible, it's like sharing a big secret, just the two of us.

" You just need to trust me-"

" But-" I try to cut him off yet he doesn't let me. Instead the hair tie on my hair is pulled off letting it fall in a waterfall of silk that rest just about my shoulders.

Cole lips press a kiss on my chin, going down a little. I feel uncomfortable so I fist my hands and try to zone off not wanting to be in the room when the inevitable happens.

My shirt is pulled over my head, the hair on the side as the bra is untied. I rush to cover my breasts while Cole works with the belt on my pants.

" Please." I cry out and he tries to soothe me by petting my hair.

" It's gonna be alright. I got you." What is he going to do? Is he going to hurt me? Is he going to really go and take me against my will? I'm scared to turn around and look in his eyes, I'm afraid that what I'll see will make me run for hills and I really can't do that.

" Take off the shoes." He commands, his presence all over me with his weed smell and the piercing honey scent. I comply, not sure why and in a swift movement, my pants go down as well. I shiver covering my face for the shame of being naked in front of somebody I barely know.

" I won't look." He assures me as he escorts me towards the bed and opens the covers for me, his eyes fixed on the duvet keeping his word.

" How can I have the certainty you won't hurt me?