》Chapter Fifty-Nine

Edited by: _rose

" I'll make lunch." The tall man says before disappearing into the house. My father's house.

" Care to explain?" I roar to my mother and she looks so embarrassed that I'd feel bad if I wasn't furious.

" It's complicated Jade. But nothing happened I swear." I roll my eyes and see Harry popping from behind me, his shiny green eyes hold so much lightness that for a moment I forget the madness going on beyond that door.

" Hello Mrs. Blidge." My mother shyly smiles at him and I feel his hands sliding on my thigh giving it a gentle squeeze.

" Hello Harry, dear. How are you?"

" Don't stall mother. What's going on here?" I cut her off and she startles because of my rudeness.

" Well, perhaps you could come in and discover it yourself, young lady. I don't like to be talked like this."

" Like what? I'm talking the way I'dtalk to somebody who is having fling in her husband's house."

Harry's hands grab me from the shoulders, making me spinning around.

" Okay, that's enough." He whispers waving to my mother goodbye as he helps me inside his car.

" We'll see you another time, Mrs. Bridge. Have a nice day." Harry locks me in and I hit the car door trying to get out, frustrated and angry.

" Stop it, Jade. You're making a fool out of yourself."

" Am I?" I growl and let myself falling against the seat, closing my eyes. Those eyes full of humour are firm in my mind and that know-it- all vibe is making my blood boiling. The way he opened the door, how he greeted me like the place was his.. It's something I can't wash off and it drives me insane because that used to be my father and sure as hell I won't let him take his place.

" Yes, you are. You called your mother names and you never do that. That's not you." He calmly explains but I just burst because I'm a volcano that can' t be stopped.

" Isn't it? Because I'm not finished with her. How dares she? In that house, perhaps even in his bed."

" Look Jade. Perhaps there's an explanation. There's no need to get all judgy..." Harry tries to reason but I'm not having it.

" Judgy? This is bullshit! She is not entitled to do that.

" Oh really?" Harry's eyes pierce me from side to side, glaring at me. " And who are you to decide that? Do you know what your mother has been through? Do you know why she is seeking a shelter in another man's company while you're away living your life and hooking up with your boss' son? You out of all people should know better."

" I just know she wouldn't do such a thing to my beloved father. They loved each other, they were soulmates."

" That doesn't mean that she can't indulge in other's man company.."

"No." I shake my head trying to take off that disgusting picture of them tangled in my parents bed. "She can't do that to him. I won't allow it."

Harry pulls over harshly, making me fall forward and almost hitting my head on the dashboard. He unbuckles me and hops off of the car, coming to my side to help me do the same. We're under Tyne Bridge, it's cold and the sky is cloudy, but nothing comparing to my state of mind.

Harry lugs me on the fence and pushes me against it with a force I'm not used to witness.

" Stop it." He snaps and I look at him puzzled.