》Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Edited by: _Rose

I tug my waves behind my ears and swiftly wear my panties back. I'd ask Harry to hide but it would be pointless and I'm sure he wouldn't do it, not that I blame him. He's too proud to act like a common criminal. Harry notices the worry in my gaze and eyes me carefully, not fully understanding why I'm acting like a crazy girl. I don't either to be honest, I just know Louis will lose his shit the second he sees Harry laid on my bed with a very notable boner peeking out from his pants.

''Jade, I swear to God.'' I sigh and reluctantly open the door.

Louis is a mess, his eyes are wide, his skin is unusually pale and he seems livid. It scares me so much. He has a moment of confusion as he sets his eyes on my hair, then my too low tank top. I cross my arms to my chest and look around to prevent the redness from reaching my cheeks.

''What's this?'' He mutters, rocking his gaze from me to Harry. He steps in to have a better look and I clearly notice how he suffocates his rage with a strong shiver. Louis closes his eyes, probably counting down to ten, preventing him from exploding. I wish I could explain everything to him. I wish I could tell him it's not what it looks like but that would be lying to Louis, making him feel stupid and played around. I just want to make him feel better, even if he has no right to be angry at me.

''What are you even doing?'' He spits passing a hand over his forehead as he has just seen a ghost. I open my mouth to explain but Louis raises a finger at me, shutting me up.

''Don't you try Jade. Don't you try filling my head with stupid bullshit. I have been waiting for you the whole day to take you home, because I was so worried about you. Only to discover from a stranger you were already gone. I mean, I have been waiting for hours! Three hours sitting on my ass that became so numb I couldn't even feel it anymore, while you were making yourself comfortable with him, not even caring to pick up that phone of yours to ring me up! What do you have in mind, Jade? Have you decided you want to become like him? Because God will help me, if I let that happen!''

I'll give him that, he is right. I could have called him but I was busy and didn't remember. It happened just once, he could have call me too, I would have told him what happened.

''I'm sorry, it slipped my mind. I had a hell of a day.'' I excuse myself, nevertheless Louis is too busy collecting accuses to care about my admission.

''You're sorry? You're fucking sorry? Are you bloody joking, Jade? I'm losing my patience and you know it's not a good thing when it happens.''

''There's no need for you to lose anything. Nobody died so you can stop acting all dramatic, Louis. I said I forgot to call you, it won't happen again, I was busy dealing with my mum and this house to call you up. I promise I won't let that happening again.'' Louis heartily laughs at me causing my chest to clench in anger.

''Busy? I can only imagine what you were busy with, Jade.'' His eyes fall on Harry and a disgusted expression crosses his features as if he's about to vomit everything he has in his stomach.

''What I do is none of your business Louis!'' I blurt out pretty annoyed.

''It fucking is, I'm your best friend and it's my duty to protect you from making mistakes.'' I shake my head both hurt and indignant.

''Exactly, you're my best friend! Not my father, you can't tell me what to do, you can just be there if something goes wrong. You have no power over my own choices or decisions.'' Louis again maniacally laughs and erases the distances pointing his finger to my chest with such fury, I stumble back.

''So is this what I am to you? Just a shelter when everything else goes wrong? This is what friendship has become to you? Just using someone when you need it, forgetting about their existence the second after?'' I lower my head for a moment and then meet Louis' eyes, asking if he truly believes what he is saying.

''How could you say such thing to me? Louis you know me better than anyone else.'' I breathe out discouraged, Louis' cold gazes fixes upon me as he slowly shakes his head.

''You're wrong, I knew you. I knew the little innocent girl who would have never let a boy playing with her mind like this; I knew a girl who was always ready to stand up for herself no matter how hard that would have been. This reckless, spoiled woman before my eyes is not my Jade. She would have never done such thing in her father's house, she would have never let anyone touching her without first being sure she could trust them. I mean, why can't you see it Jade? What is it making you so blind?''

I don't think it's that outrageous what I've done with Harry. Especially since it only involves the two of us; Louis is making me feel so shitty for a thing that only moments ago was making me smile.

''He's gonna toss you away the second he will get what he wants. If you haven't already given it up, that's for sure.'' I growl so loud and feel my stomach twisting in apprehension.

''You can't know that, you don't know him!'' I fight back ready to reply fire with fire if necessary. I've seen Harry throwing himself in a dangerous room just to save a person he barely knew; I saw him getting burnt to protect her and not asking for anything in return. This is what Louis can't see, this what the others won't ever understand about Harry. What he shows to people is just a mask, I know he's good, I saw it more than once.

''I don't know him, Jade? I bloody punched him for defending you, I kicked his ass because he hurt you. I was the one standing up for you when he was throwing shit at you, I always was the one guarding you since we were kids and I can't stand the idea of you throwing it all away for a silly crush and of the worst kind too.''

''I'm not throwing it away Louis, you are. I haven't done anything wrong and you're getting pissed for no reason!'' My lungs are on fire for how loud I'm screaming.

''Nothing wrong? Would your father think the same too? Would he like having you and that dick snagging under his roof with your mother still in the house? When did you become so desperate Jade? When did you lose all your ambitions and turn into this hopeless and needy attention-whore?'' I literally hear my heart shuttering in a million pieces and the air abandoning me as the words kick in.

''I wonder what do you think you'll get from having sex with him. If it's love that you're seeking, Jade... I suggest you to change destination, he's not made for loving anyone.'' I huff and without knowing why, I push Louis across the wall feeling betrayed and empty.

''Get out!'' I state looking straight into his astonished face. ''Get out I don't want to see you ever again.''

''Jade?'' My mother calls from the top of the stairs with a blanket wrapped around her arms and her hair in a messy bun. ''What's going on?'' She asks with her eyes half closed while she notices Louis with his hand over his shoulder.

''Why are you all screaming?'' She questions further but Louis doesn't say anything about that.

''You must go!'' Louis threatens instead, staring behind my shoulders. It takes me a few moments to understand Harry has left the bed and is now standing behind me.

''If you don't, I'll kick you out of here myself. You're destroying her and I won't let you do it.'' I want to answer back yet I have no words left, I will end up punching Louis in the face.

''What?'' My mother mumbles finally reaching us. '' I asked him to stay Lou and he's not moving, not with his back reduced in that state. He's my guest.'' My mother clarifies with that maternal tone in her voice that doesn't leave much space to reply. It's like she's pitying Louis for something I can't see.

''He can't stay here!'' Louis fires back and my mother gently places her hand over Louis' shoulder, trying to comfort him.

''He is. Now come with me child, you're tired and Ellie must be worried sick.'' My mum says referring to her best friend, Louis' mum.

'' But-'' she shakes her head and escorts him down without any further explanation.

I slam the door shut and fall to the ground powerless. Harry catches me halfway and sits on the floor with me in his lap.

I look up and meet his gaze. What I see startles me so much, I blink twice to be sure I haven't imagined it. He is surprised and pretty scared too, however there is something else bugging him and I'm so scared to find out what that is.