》Chapter Eighty-Three

Edited by: _rose

Jade's Pov.

"He was trying to flee the country. Now he is in my custody. If you come, you can leave a statement and press charge."

"No, no, no, no." Harry breaks the solemn silence created by the unexpected news. "I'll go talking to that scum. I'd like a couple of moments with him alone." I instinctively push Harry behind and he startles. 

"I'm not leaving you alone with an inmate!" Milton fires back very offended and Harry raises his eyebrows to prove how stupid he sounds.

"Oh you wouldn't let me see him but you'd let the girl who got raped by him alone in the same room? You're insane!" By the time he reaches the end of his sentence he's screaming.

"I'm not letting you any close because you aren't reasonable. You are going to kill him!"

"Oh course I'm not going to kill him, what do you think? I'm not a murderer like him." Now it's Milton's time to get sceptical. My curly boy scoffs and passes his strong hands through his hair, pushing it back. He's so beautiful when he's frustrated, his eyes become the color of the forest caressed by the first light of the morning.

"Then you have no reason to go there." Milton finishes but Harry is not having it. He's so determinate that it warms my heart to see him so fearless.

"I have plenty of reasons...He needs to pay for this, for what he did to Jade, even if it's the last thing I do on this planet." I gently grab hold of his forearm and Harry wides his glare as if he didn't notice me before.

"I want to meet him." Harry sucks in his breath, shocked.

" I'll accompany you, then."

Harry sizes me. His clear glare turns into a panicked one. He can't understand the reason behind my decision and he is trying with everything he has to let me see how much this will cost me.

"Can we have a moment alone?" He demands but I shake my head crushing Harry's plan to have me change my mind.

"Jade." He tries to warn me by cupping my face. I know he can see it in my eyes there's no way I'm going to change it. "Jade, you'll be alone with him. Let me come with you."

"What can he do to me, that he hasn't done already, Harry?" I sadly smile to encourage him however Harry is not having it.

"Anything. I'll come and just watch promise, I'll do whatever you tell me to do but I can't know you so close to him while I'm not there."

"He can wait with me." Milton offers and I think about it for a moment. After all he has been absolutely perfect to me, patient, sweet and loving. He deserves trust.

I nod and Harry lets out a long breath of relief as he goes to take his coat and mine.

As he leaves to go downstairs and grab my hat, I reach in my front pocket and touch the gun. My brain is screaming to leave it in the drawer and forget about it, instead I just pull my hands out and join Harry. I'm not ready to get rid of my Linus blanket just yet.

"We sit in the back of Milton car, Harry pets my hair, mostly to calm himself down not me. A couple of times I caught him digging his nails into his palm. I know he's nervous, the thought of me being alone with a monster must not be that pleasant.

I, on the other hand, don't feel anything. I might as well be vising an old granny instead of my rapist. I feel steady, totally calm and emotionless. I don't like it one bit. It means I have no control over my own emotions since there's no feelings inside of me. It petrifies me not being able to feel.