》Chapter Fifty

Edited by: _rose

You can't let love always getting the best of you. Sometimes, you need to fight it because it's not healthy. I freeze in my spot, not wanting to listen to Harry's breathing while he says the only thing I wanted to hear this whole time...just a second too late.

I feel my wrists being pulled away from the handle by an imaginary strength but I fight it. I can't do it any longer. I don't want to be a naïve girl. I want to be the badass one who puts herself before anything else.

I know that if I walk out, I will never forgive myself but Harry made me feel like I was not worthy of his love and boys can't always getting away with it. I'm tired of being the victim.

I free myself from the ghost-grip and squeeze my eyes counting to ten slowly.

'' Did you hear me?'' I can't help but cringe at the hopeful tone hiding behind the question.

I did Harry. I love you too. I love you so ardently that I can't take it any longer when you mistreat me. It is too much I can't bear it.

That's why I must go. We're no good, we will kill each other and then nothing will be left of us.

'' That's not love Harry. That's lust, you'll get over it."

When I hear the click of the door behind me, I start running and don't stop to even think about it. I'll die if I do it. I'll come back to him.

Guys like him don't fall for penniless girls like me. This is real life and we still choose the ones more similar to us. Even if they don't make us happy, even if it costs us an eternity of misery. We don't dare to dream in this century, we face reality and pay the bill for every action. I can't jeopardize my life for an evanescent thing. Harry will get tired of me, I'm not beautiful nor am I sophisticated. I'm just the daughter of a mine man who knows a lot about books but nothing about etiquette.

It will never be enough for him.

I take my phone out and deal the only number I know It will answer me this late. It's 3 in the morning, I don't know where to go. I'm trapped in this private estate; I could call a taxi but I don't have any money with me so this will do.

I've been here for five minutes and I'm already freezing to death. I left my coat at Piper's. Luckily for me I don't have the habit to use bags. I don't use much makeup so I don't need to fix it and therefore my items consist in my phone, my keys and some ties for my hair.

I can't believe he said I love you. Was he serious? Oh dear lord, am I overreacting?

I sit on the sidewalk and take my head in my hands. How come my life became so messy? When all of this started?

I hear a cranky noise and I turn, quite scared since I'm alone in a silent street at 4 in the bloody morning.

The first thing I spot is a lavander pullover and skinny black jeans.I instantly raise my eyes and find a frown over Harry's smooth face. He rubs his arms on himself warming up and I glare at him bewildered.

He looks turned off...almost dead. And I want to tell him that it's for the best but the words don't come out.

I wonder why he's out here.

" Are you sure you really heard me, upstairs in the living room?"

I open my mouth and he raises a finger to stop me. "Because if you didn't or don't believe me, I can repeat it. I can sign it to you, play it or even recite it in a poem. I'm even ready to shout it if you ask me to."