》Chapter Eighteen.

Edited by: _Rose

I press the green button and let all the anger and frustration floating out of my body. I'm so tired of lowering my head and absorb everything people throw at me. I'm not like this, I don't bend, i fight as hard as I can to get whatever I want and it's time for this stalker to know I'm not letting him play any longer with anyone I care about.

'' Listen up, creepy stranger. I don't know what you want from me but you better tell me now so we can put the word end to this shitty excuse of a game. Because I'm done playing with you, I'm done with your stupid texts and tricky riddles. I won't let you take anything away from me and you can bet I will find a way to stop you. It doesn't matter how long it will take, I will find a solution to this.'' I finish. I have my cheeks on fire and my eyes burning with determination.

'' Jade'' the voice speaks and I suck in my breath as soon as I recognize it, pushing the phone away from my ear to take a look at the screen. The number is not one I have in my phone but it's not locked, so it's possible I'm not hallucinating. '' It's me, it's Harry..'' he clarifies with his low deep voice.

''Oh.'' Is all I can answer back and feel the adrenaline leaving my body making my bones suddenly heavy. I sit down and stare blankly at the wall before me, thinking about what I have just done.

It was a reckless move, it could have been anyone, including my mum or Louis. Luckily it's just Harry and my secret is still safe, hopefully.

''Jade?'' Harry calls out for me and I sigh in answer, massaging my temples. '' I'm sorry I have scared you.''

'' It's fine Harry. I just had a bad day.'' I explain falling backwards on my bed. '' Do you want anything?''

'' A bad day?'' I swear I'll slap him across the face the second I see him. How can he be so indifferent and pretend that he wasn't part of my awful day? I really don't know, but I decide I'll play his game.

'' Forget it Harry. Why did you call? There's something I can do for you?''

'' Oh... Yes. When you cleaned the library, is it possible that you found my copy of the Beautiful and the Damned from Scott Fitzgerald? I had it on my face when you woke me up by spattering yourself on the floor while adoring my face.'' I cringe my nose and catch the subtle offence behind his words.

'' Really funny Harry but no, I haven't seen it. I was too busy trying to save my best friend to care about your expensive book. You should be more careful on where you put your stuff, your dad could get mad at you for losing it.'' His sassy, nonchalant way of speaking to me will always be one of the reason me and Harry will never be anything. He's too reckless, snobby, he says things out of instinct and doesn't care about others feelings. Not that I could do anything about it, I have no right to change him.

'' Oh never mind, I'll buy another one. Coming back to your bad day, what ruined it?'' Harry tries and my mind blacks out.

Why the hell he has the nerves to say such thing to me after being the one who kissed me? I remember clearly his hands all over my legs and the movement of his lips over my own trying to get a response.

'' What's the matter Jade? You didn't like it? Was it too out of place for a plain little good girl like you?'' I finally catch up with what he's referring to and feel something similar to anger, mixed with desire, crawling into my mind.

'' Out of place is an understatement, Harry. You're my boss' son and that surely didn't put me is a good position. I just hope no one finds out.'' I close my eyes and ignore the aching in my head. Stay calm Jade. It will pass.

'' I wouldn't tell anybody.'' Harry solemnly promises and I growl, too upset to focus on the sweetness behind his words.

His mood swings make me want to puke my soul out.

'' Why in hell would you even want to kiss someone like me? You despise the poor folk; you are almost disgusted by it right? What were you thinking?''

'' You..'' he blurts out and I stop breathing for a moment before Harry clears his throat. '' You... were sad and I wanted to distract you, there's nothing personal behind it. Absolutely no other explanation beside the fact that I was worried about you. You looked so fragile I thought you could use a bit of fun.''

Fun? Oh Jesus, does he really think kissing someone can be considered fun for a type like me? Who does he think he is?

'' Oh and so you thought I'd like to have your tongue stuck in my mouth for a ride or two? You think so hightly of yourself, to not even consider that perhaps I could have not enjoyed that kind of intrusion?'' I ironically fire back while the anger eats me alive.

'' Basically....yes!''

''Well thank you, Harry. Now my life is complete, I really couldn't live without a creepy stalker hot on my heels and the son of my boss, who's a sex addicted, that finds pleasure into using others. That's exactly what every girl wants.''

''Ah-ah. Amusing, truly. You have no idea on whom he could be? Any stupid friend you did something to, any jealous person you met, any jealous boyfriend or ex-boyfriend?'' Harry teases me and I giggle ironically at him.

'' What's this? A perverse way to ask me if I have ever been with somebody? You're smart Harry, but not that smart.'' I clarify, listening to the sound of traffic while talking. Is he driving? I wonder where is he going.

'' Where are you?'' I boldly ask.

'' I went shopping. I bought a really nice shirt and-'' Harry growls and I can basically picture him shaking his head trying to get back on the previous argument. ''You're distracting me, answer my question!''

'' I have no intention to. My private life is none of your concern.''

'' I just wanted to help. No one is interested in your pitiful, probably non-existent, sexual life.'' I become all red and suck in my breath for his comment.

''Fine!'' I scream huffing in the end. ''No one asked you to get involved in it anyway!'' and I hung up. I throw my phone on the nightstand and fall on the bed exhausted.

I won't let Harry win; I won't ever let him control my emotions or my mood so easily. I am not ready to give up, I won't let him fuck with my mind, I'm gonna win this game he's desperately trying to make me play. I don't need him anyway.

Yet as the words form in my mind, my fingers runup  to my face and I tenderly caress my lips. If I focus enough, I can still taste his minty flavour all over me.

God what's wrong with me?

***

Next morning, I wake up feeling so motivated and weirdly rested, that I get scared of my own calmness. Anyway, I get dressed, pull on the best smile I can manage and go to work with Louis.

'' What's that smirk over your pretty face? Someone is in your head that I know nothing about?'' Louis provokes me, sweetly hitting me with his shoulder. I casually wrap an arm around his neck and bring him down a bit so that I can mess with his hair.

'' That's the point, I woke up totally zen about life. So I feel...light-hearted? I like it.'' I admit and Louis grins, his blue eyes becoming so dark and deep in the barely visible light of the place.

'' I don't know what this 'Zen' thing is, but if it makes you less blue, I'll accept it. I got to go now, meet you at noon, don't get in trouble.'' Louis kisses my head and instantly lets me go. I wave goodbye and enter the house.

I go up to the cardboard where all the tasks are written and find my name right next to Harry's room. It's so strange that Missus Alice has set the cleaning of the master's rooms so early in the morning, maybe Harry isn't home.

I don't want to question her, pissing her off. I am in a too good mood to ruin it, I mean... for now.