》Chapter Thirty-Two.

EDITED BY: _Rose

I flip my hair to one side and button my blouse up. I probably am overdressed for just a dinner but Niall said his friends were kind of rich and snobby, so I suppose they're gonna come in expensive suits and elegant ties. At least that's how I imagine rich people attending dinners. I gasp when the doorbell rings and rush downstairs. My skirt is a bit tight but not too much so I can at least breath, even if it embraces half of my stomach.

''Roy?'' I call and he pops out from the kitchen, his huge paws touching the floor in total silence. I escort him outside in the backyard and ask him to stay put as I go greeting my guest. Niall is totally stunning in his long sleeve flannel shirt with a nice jacket over it that shows up his few chest hair, his hair is skilfully styled, his jeans are tight and blue as the colour of his eyes now. I'm just glad I'm wearing my Vans, because otherwise I would have felt out of place. He fixes his sleeves so that now his forearms are on display and he offers me one. I grab my coat and follow him.

***

Once we get to Niall's house and he helps me out of the car, I take a moment to admire the beauty of this place. It's not as big as the Styles' residence but it has its charm, with the long columns that welcome you in the porch and the lights that give it a very romantic halo. For a moment, I really feel like a princess as he escorts me inside. We reach the living room and Niall stops by the door turning to look at me but my phone goes off and I have to excuse myself to answer.

''Hello?''

''Jade? It's Missus Alice, I just wanted to tell you, I'm expecting you tomorrow morning for re-assuming your own place. I won't tolerate any delay, so you better-'' I cut her off too confused.

''Missus Alice but you have fired me.'' I call her out and she puffs in frustration, I know she's annoyed by me.

''Believe me, I recall that perfectly fine. My memory still works..  but apparently there has been... a mistake, I suppose you could thank your friend for clearing that up to me. He has been really convincing.'' she ends, hanging up.

I throw my phone into my beg and try to process what has just happened. I stroll to where I left Niall and when I set foot in the huge room, four people are already sited. I only recognize the boy Niall waved at that day at the party with his short hair and very fit body. The other three remain unknown.

''I thought you were going to let us starve, Niall.'' The taller boy pads him on the back before giving him a bear hug that makes me wonder how in hell Niall manages not to disintegrate.

''That will never happen.'' he assures his friend and then points at me.

''This is Jade.'' I stick my hand out and the bear boy shakes it with such gentleness that I remain pleasantly surprised.

''Nice to meet you Jade. I'm Liam.'' he simply states and then winks at me before moving aside and let the dark, much shorter boy, getting closer.

''I'm Zayn.''

''Jade'' I answer back and let Niall taking me to the girls. God, I wish they would have stayed comfortable in their seats, since the second they stand up, I feel like a mouse surrounded by giraffes. Pretty ,beautiful ones too.

''Where's prince charming?'' Liam questions sitting finally down at the round table. I sit right next to Niall, in front of Liam and Zayn and their relative escorts.

''He had things to do, you know the lad. He's always running up his father's ass, no news.'' Niall dismisses the question by rubbing his hands together to call the waitress.

This is when the door opens and Harry comes in. Long hair pushed back in a very nice way, with curls falling on his shoulder; green eyes burning with strong emotions as they look up and instantly meet my own. He's so beautiful, so elegant and magnificent he seems a piece belonging to the endless collections of Greek statues adorning this house perimeter, instead of a living person. But my peaceful exploring of Harry's body is interrupted by the entrance of the last guest of the evening. And let me tell you, if I thought Harry was beautiful, she was on another level of perfection with her light brown hair and this sweet gaze that doesn't put you in embarrassment or let you feel less important. I remember thinking Karen was stunning, yet this girl is just the quintessential of an angel.